JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is Las Vegas in Clark County? That county requires residents to register their firearms within 60 days of arrival. Don't think any other Nevada county does this.
Actually, that is wrong. No county or city can change the state law on firearms. Once upon a time, there was a registration of firearms but that is no longer true.

Actually, that is wrong. No county or city can change the state law on firearms. Once upon a time, there was a registration of firearms but that is no longer true.
Oh cool! I'll let my buddies in Armscor know. The gun laws in Las Vegas pushed them out to Pahrump. Hopefully this is true for knife laws, my filipino buddy will be glad to learn he can have butterfly knives now in Las Vegas. He was keeping his collection with his folks cause they were prohibited in Las Vegas.

Great news.

Last Edited:
Is Las Vegas in Clark County? That county requires residents to register their firearms within 60 days of arrival. Don't think any other Nevada county does this.
I'd guess Clark County wants firearms registration because there are just so many people living there-- some of who may have criminal ties to organized crime, drug cartels, human trafficking, et cetera. If your gun gets stolen and is later used in a crime, the authorities will then have a place to start in solving the crime. Do I like it or agree with firearms registration? No, I do not. I have no truck with anything a government does that increases its knowledge of my private life-- to include which models of firearms I might own and how many of same. The government-- indeed any governmental agency-- can go copulate itself when it comes to how many guns are owned by this American Citizen...

I'd guess Clark County wants firearms registration because there are just so many people living there-- some of who may have criminal ties to organized crime, drug cartels, human trafficking, et cetera. If your gun gets stolen and is later used in a crime, the authorities will then have a place to start in solving the crime. Do I like it or agree with firearms registration? No, I do not. I have no truck with anything a government does that increases its knowledge of my private life-- to include which models of firearms I might own and how many of same. The government-- indeed any governmental agency-- can go copulate itself when it comes to how many guns are owned by this American Citizen...
That went away about 20 years ago when the state stopped the preemption laws by counties and cities.

How ya doin?

Reaction GIF

Yes; Vegas is in Clark County. It's also stinkin' Tyranny-crat down there. The population is so large, the vote count in the other sixteen Counties doesn't matter. As goes Clark County, so goes the State. If we had the electoral college to decide elections, Clark would be just one of seventeen and we who live in the other sixteen would have a voice in the way things went in our State. But our Constitution was written when we gained statehood in 1872, I think it was. No one ever believed we'd have the population we have today, so Simple Majority was instituted to decide such things. I once read that in 1905, Las Vegas had a population of thirty people. We're a long way from that, today...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top