JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever wonder why some 4th advocates state citizens shouldn't allow the traffic cop, during a traffic stop, to 'take' your firearm under Heller auspices of "officer safety". While in their possession they run citizen's firearms through NCIC - traced, as the article states.

Article quote:
Law enforcement agencies may request firearms traces for any reason," the report said. "Not all firearms used in crime are traced and not all firearms traced are used in crime. Unquote.

No thank you officer, I do not consent to your taking my permitted/licensed SD firearm, your positive consideration is appreciated!

Now may I help you officer or am I free to go?

Oh BTW, this conversation is being recorded.

Am i free to go officer?

Most recovered and traced in Las Vegas. Lots o' crime, down there. As a trucker, I've been to Vegas about 200 times. I like being over 400 miles away...

Just about every time someone is stopped by a cop they run the numbers on guns just to check and see if it is stolen or not.
They will also do a check on you to see if you are a prohibited possessor or not.
I don't think you have a choice in the matter if they want to take your gun during a legal stop.
Supposedly they have the right to hold your gun during a stop " for their protection ".

Just about every time someone is stopped by a cop they run the numbers on guns just to check and see if it is stolen or not.
They will also do a check on you to see if you are a prohibited possessor or not.
I don't think you have a choice in the matter if they want to take your gun during a legal stop.
Supposedly they have the right to hold your gun during a stop " for their protection ".

Alas the continuation of the urban myth propagated by the law enforcement agencies. Therefore, a couple of questions arise:

1. What is the officer's RAS to take your firearm from you in violation of the 4th amendment?

2. What is the officer's RAS to input your firearm into NCIC database in violation of the 4th amendment?

3. The determination of a prohibited person is not established by the citizen's firearm but rather from the citizen's DL and the trusty computer in the LE vehicle.

IANL, but citizen's have rights against the traffic officer taking a citizen's firearm - called the 4th amendment against unreasonable searches.

Unfortunately, Terry, as misinterpreted by the majority of law enforcement agencies, concerns an officer's reasonable grounds suspicion of 'any suspicious activity, no matter how minor' and instigate a stop and frisk activity against a citizen. These activities have successfully been challenged but take $$$ and then the agencies state sorry! LE agencies count on that most citizens will not pursue legal action for taking a citizen's SD firearm under the guise of 'officer safety' even tho no RAS exists.

Why recording devices are imperative to assure a 'he/she said' urinating contest doesn't erupt during follow on judicial proceedings.

Just saying...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top