JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Visitors and vendors at this season's Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Mesa observed two trends: more women customers and less urgency to buy guns as soon as possible.

Mike Reber, vendor of Arizona Arms LLC, has been selling at gun shows for about 10 years, and said the past year he has sold concealed carry weapons to more women for self-defense and to more first-time gun owners.

Arizona Custom Knife Maker Bob Ham has been selling knives for about 20 to 25 years as a hobbyist, but said he also enjoys looking at the guns sold at shows like Crossroads of the West. He said gun sales at the shows have decreased because people aren't scared that their opportunity to purchase them will be going away any time soon with the new presidential administration.

Mesa gun show finds more women, less urgency to purchase weapons

This isn't surprising since Trump and the Republicans were so victorious in the last election. As far as guns, Americans have been running with a brick on the panic button for the last 8 years under Obama. Now that he's gone, and Trump has both a Republican House and Senate, there is little fear of additional gun laws, except in the communist states like Illinois and California, which are lost causes anyway.

Also, people are economically tapped out. Most are living check to check, and cannot afford major gun purchases like they used to. Home foreclosures are again rising at an alarming rate. Add it all up and there is going to be a glut on guns and ammo the likes we haven't seen in years.

Women have been the fastest growing demographic in the gun business for over 10 years now. Good reason for that! For someone truly seeking equality, this is where to start. The industry has taken notice of this and new products specifically designed for ladies abound. My fiancé and I found a women selling concealed carry purses at of all places a hospital! Left a little lighter in the wallet that night.

Billt hit the political equation pretty squarely on the button. A threat to our rights stimulates sales like nothing else. Gone for now are the days of panic buying. Further, military demands upon manufacturers for ammo and arms have receded dramatically. Prices are reflecting this. I can't believe how cheaply I'm seeing AR-15s go for on the auction sites. If only ammo would follow suit!

For the political activists out there, I'd like to see pressure put on government to resume selling surplus ammo to the public instead of spending more of our tax dollars destroying it.

Hard to believe vendors are still attending the Mesa gun shows, if they've slowed even more than when I was last there.
When my sales dropped below 9 guns I quit doing the Mesa show and that musta been 8 years ago, it was shortly after
the 357 magnum going off due to the negligence of a vendor--That ND incident really killed sales

I had several firsts at the Mesa gunshow;
first time the FBI said 'proceed' when it shoulda been Denied--I sold 5 AK 47's
on that one, hot damn, I was so excited I even used my handcart to wheel the guns to their car

first time someone stole one of my guns out of the display--locking stuff up is not a joke

first time I had a self-confessed member of Homeland Security get Denied
and one of the very rare times I let the cuss-tomer speak with the FBI on my phone
& he didn't get a gun from me

Interesting facts.

On my "vacation" to North Dakota - I walked into 3 different gun stores, and there were women looking at or buying guns at each one. Granted, that state is way more "outdoor sportsman" oriented than a lot of states, but all these women were handling pistols and ARs.

I'vwe been watching for ammo sales..... gotta stock up while I can!

New Resource Reviews

Back Top