JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My name is Phil Whitehead and I am the Commander of American Legion Post 140 located in Prescott Valley, right next to Prescott in the beautiful mountains of Northern Arizona.
Our Town Government has given us the Amphitheater by Town Hall for the last 10 or so years for a Memorial Day Reverence Event. The Covid-19 Pandemic ALMOST derailed this...
Almost.
This community has a strong reverence for it's Veteran Population, and the representatives from Town Government are just as supportive. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that nobody was going to be working in Town Hall anyway on Monday, so there wouldn't be any way to ask someone if we could still use the Amphitheater...
So we are using it.

Society said we shouldn't have social events because it's too dangerous. People are following leaders who really don't know why they are making decisions about things they don't understand.
Because of this, nobody will have any Memorial Day event anywhere because they are told they can't.

The fastest way to get OUR American Legion Post to do something is to tell us that we CAN'T. Watch us.
We are having a proper, open to the public Memorial Day event for everyone who wishes to attend. I'm bound by law to mention that CDC guidelines for social distancing are recommended, and if you want to use PPE, bring it.
NOW...there is a preeminent legal document that is the law of the land when it comes to pretty much everything we do, say and own, and that is the United States Constitution.
Because of that document, I'm not going to be policing those CDC guidelines. People who attend, do so voluntarily, are aware that they are around other people, can make their own adult decisions, and are welcome to sit wherever they want to. Period.
Please bring lawn chairs, water, food if you want to, and do clean up after yourselves...you are adults.
Our Keynote Speaker is a Vietnamese Refugee who has a compelling story to tell about his family's relationship with the United States Military and how it shaped his family's decision to settle in this country. Their children are thriving, beautiful examples of how an escape from an oppressive regime can lead to a tremendous resource for our Country.
You need to hear this story and meet these incredible friends and family members of OUR American Legion Post in Prescott Valley.
My contact number is 928-237-0073 for any questions.
The address of the event is:
7501 E. Skoog Blvd, Prescott Valley AZ, and the start time is 6pm. 1800 for the rest of us...
Hope to see you tomorrow evening in beautiful Prescott Valley Arizona.
Phil Whitehead,
Commander
American Legion Post 140
Prescott Valley Arizona.

People who attend do so voluntarily, are aware that they are around other people, can make their own adult decisions, and are welcome to sit wherever they want. Period.
Great! Because adult decisions will be taken by the attendees, that means there will be no liberals there...

Great! Because adult decisions will be taken by the attendees, that means there will be no liberals there...
And that was pretty much the case. We had a wonderful event, it was pretty well attended, we had great speakers, we have a lot of great photos, and it was a wonderful, solemn, day that everyone will remember. We have had that venue every year for the last 10 plus years, and we will continue to do something at that venue into the future for as long as we are capable of doing so. I appreciate you highlighting our event and we certainly did enjoy bringing attention to the purpose of the day and it was an honor and a privilege to do so.
Phil Whitehead
Commander,
American Legion Post 140
Prescott Valley Arizona

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top