JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you mean total membership? Or just the immediate attendance? I haven't been able to get on because my work takes me out of town for three overnight runs per week. I was supposed to be gone today, tonight and all day tomorrow, but my truck began squirting power steering fluid. I took that as a good reason to advise management that I was not going to go and have the thing run out of PS fluid... which would bolt me to the ground wherever the level got too low and I'd have to set there for many, many hours. I'm beyond exhausted, and I need a few nights in my own bed to recuperate.

FedEx Ground runs me into the ground. I'm paid dam-ned well, but a man needs more than just money to live a life. I haven't made any beer for over two years, and it's really beginning to bug me. I have everything on-hand to make some-- save for the time. I last loosed a bullet in May 2021. We're way behind on that front, too.

Add to all of that, my good friend from high school killed himself on October 26. Derrick and I were friends for 47-plus years. In all that time, I never knew he had wild mood swings and was taking anti-depressants that fostered suicidal thoughts. Derrick was taller, thinner, better looking than me, had much better hair and had ten years more as a trucker than I do. He was everything I would like to be. I'll never understand why he did what he did...

Also wondering, altho in a few weeks I've already made a few PPTs from the classifies that I've been tryin to get my hands on for a while, so pretty cool place. Hopefully more people find out about this forum/classified ad site, which is why I give a little donation to help out a bit. It's a nice resource. People have generally been very kind and flexible here.

Glad to hear your back truckin, NVShooter.

I had a friend like yours and I was unaware as I believe most people were. I called and got the police one Saturday morning. So I drove over and got the 400 questions which I could not answer. One detective thought I was going to have all of the information that he needed. He was sadly wrong. I do not believe anyone really knew what was going on with him before the event.

I had a friend like yours and I was unaware as I believe most people were. I do not believe anyone really knew what was going on with him before the event.
I remember reading an Ann Landers column about suicide in the early 1970s. She wrote that suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I wish I had known about Derrick's condition, where was his thinking and what was his mood. We who were around him will never know, but just a five-minute conversation might have averted his tragic ending. He was only 65; he had maybe twenty years still to live. He was not at all overweight like me, not addicted to sugar and salt like me and "exercise" to him was not limited to reaching for the TV remote as it is for me, so maybe more than twenty years.

My dad will be 93 in February. I'll be 65 in December. He's in much better shape regarding weight, blood pressure and heart function than me. I suspect he'll be burying me before I'm burying him. My older sister died at just 32 in May 1988. My mother died at 92 in November 2015. Imagine the pain a nonagenarian father feels when burying his sexagenarian son...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top