JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know that I've talked about this much on this board before, but I certainly have other places. I used to run a Taco Tuesday meet up, pretty much since about 2008/2009 back in the LA area. Well, I've moved out here to Las Vegas, I don't know that many people, and I rather miss the comraderie of having people to have dinner with one night a week. I am more than capable of organizing such a thing, and we have this great resource the board to use.

Would anyone be interested? Would anyone have a preferred location? It doesn't actually have to be tacos, and it doesn't have to be tuesday. I'm over in Summerlin/Red Rock area. I work close to the strip, and don't mind driving.

I know this topic has been fallow for a while, but those 70 hour weeks really eat up all of my social time. We are finally starting to recover from the Holiday rush and might get back to normal hours soon. I'm still interested, it looks like we got one other taker from Henderson. Anyone else interested? I don't get out to the east side of town too much, so if that's where you want to be, suggest a place, and I'll try it out.

I've been touring various locations to eat, I don't know what anyone else's preferences look like, but Roberto's Mexican Food is pretty solid, but some of those places have more bullet proof glass than some banks I've seen. There are a few Mediterranian places I've tried that are all quite good, but not everyone likes that kinda fare, but there are some interesting differences between the Turkish place, the one run by the Marinites, and the Kosher one.

My preferences for food are pretty much fish and rice with a salad.

So I went over to Syn Shop (local makerspace) tonight, and spent some time hanging out with a few gun-adjacent people. And told them about starting up a taco tuesday group locally. I am going to ping everyone tomorrow, and plan it out. There's a Black Bear Diner just south of Sunset, I think around Eastern.

I'll ping a few people, and maybe this tuesday we'll do our first meetup.

sounds good

Looking at the map, Sin City Smokers is just across the street (almost) from Black Bear Diner. SCS closes early, if we decide to continue hanging out, we can hit BBD for something later.

At least one non-board person expressed interest, so I'll pass it off to him... 6:30pm at Sin City Smokers. BBD is the fall-back.

See anyone interested in attending at 6:30pm Tuesday 1/14/2020

Sin City Smokers
2861 N. Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV. 89014

So my boss thinks I'm being a very dilligent employee staying late, in reality our dinner location is about a mile from work today. I'll be leaving here in about 10 mins. Hope to see everyone there.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top