JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has long been said that criminals are really rather stupid. This Lutter guy allegedly machined a replica firearm to function per the real thing. You gotta be quite a talented machinist to do that. Lutter's stupidity is that he tried to sell his handiwork. Kind o' stupid, huh? So now he's looking at ten years in prison. Real smart...

It has long been said that criminals are really rather stupid. This Lutter guy allegedly machined a replica firearm to function per the real thing. You gotta be quite a talented machinist to do that. Lutter's stupidity is that he tried to sell his handiwork. Kind o' stupid, huh? So now he's looking at ten years in prison. Real smart...

Seriously, what was he thinking??

Seriously, what was he thinking??
Apparently, he wasn't. I have to doubt the pot metal used in those replicas would hold up to the pressures generated by actual cartridges. But that matters not to ATF. A weapon need fire just two rounds with a single trigger actuation to get their attention, slamfires included. The replica-made-functional would have to have worked, else ATF wouldn't be interested in it. I'm satisfied the man who did it is going to prison. Just one fewer criminal on our streets...

Apparently, he wasn't. I have to doubt the pot metal used in those replicas would hold up to the pressures generated by actual cartridges. But that matters not to ATF. A weapon need fire just two rounds with a single trigger actuation to get their attention, slamfires included. The replica-made-functional would have to have worked, else ATF wouldn't be interested in it. I'm satisfied the man who did it is going to prison. Just one fewer criminal on our streets...

He got 10 years, I understand it can cost upwards of $35K per year to keep him housed and fed, likely more $$ in a fed pen, as he broke a federal law

This has been a cottage industry in Britain for some time, turning DeWats and replicas into function firearms for criminals. That is one reason why the Brit government also banned replicas and all DeWats, since they are so afraid of their people being armed.

This has been a cottage industry in Britain for some time, turning DeWats and replicas into function firearms for criminals. That is one reason why the Brit government also banned replicas and all DeWats, since they are so afraid of their people being armed.

But it's perfectly OK if a 'refugee' rapes some kids and says he "didn't know he couldn't do that"

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top