JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which handgun for concealed carry that is not a sub compact??

• Glock 19

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Taurus Millenium PT 145 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger American .45

• Officers 1911

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kimber Ultra Carry II

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0

• Sig Sauer P320C

• Glock 43X or 48

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Berette 92 Compact

• Wather CCP M2

• Total voters
My self-protection, CCW choices are not listed on your poll. I like the metal S&W Gen3 single stack models.

I prefer the DAO 3953 and 4053 models for concealed carry in an open-top clip-on IWB holster because the manual of arms is simple when simple is really needed in response to a stressful life-threatening situation.

If I only had one choice, it would be my single stack S&W model 4053 (not the double-stack 4053TSW) because the single stack S&W 40s are built on a .45 frame with an under bored .45 barrel.

Of the listed guns the triggers of some are unique and I don't know your familiarity. Glock 19 trigger is smoother than the 48 from my experience. The 48 had a heavier trigger pull on the trigger gauge. The Ruger American has a very nice trigger but the frame is sort of big block. The 1911 of course is America's favorite and the trigger is sensational. You have to learn that your thumb is riding the thumb safety when you shoot so extra practice or training with an instructor is recommended. The Sig 320C is an excellent gun with a great trigger. Sig did things right with this gun. The Beretta 92 is a different creature, elegant in its lines but the DA/SA can be troublesome for those who don't train to prep the trigger on the draw or from a DA shot. I like the gun and have one of Wilson Combat's 92 and it is excellent, I just don't shoot it enough. The M&P 2.0 fixed the trigger issues with the 1.0. The gun fits most people's hands and it shoots well. I'm not that familiar with the Millennium or the Walther so I can't comment. Hope my thoughts help.

While you are at it check out the S&W M&P lineup. The M&P 9 with 4.25" barrel is comparable to the G19, then there is the M&P9c which I'm getting with a 3.5" barrel that is about the same size as the G26, and comes with 12 round magazines, and will also accept the larger M&P9 magazines for range work, too long for good CCW purposes. Then there is the shield which is thinner and lighter and comes with 7 and 8 round magazines. I really like their triggers over that of the Glocks, I'm really liking the Shield, I've got around 200 down the spout and not 1 FTF, FTE or any other problems.
I'm looking forward to the M&P9c not to be confused with the new M&P Compact 2.0 which is the same size as a G19, with 4" barrel.
I almost ordered it by mistake since they are both called "compact", I think S&W should have called it something else!
With these 2 pistols I have the ability to wear a smaller one if I need to, and the larger one is the same as the G26 I carry now.
I've always loved the way the M&P9's fit my hand and with what I consider to be a better trigger, I think I'll see some improvement in my results on target!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top