Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Looking For Smaller Handgun For Concealed Carry...

Which handgun for concealed carry that is not a sub compact??

• Glock 19

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Taurus Millenium PT 145 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger American .45

• Officers 1911

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Kimber Ultra Carry II

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0

• Sig Sauer P320C

• Glock 43X or 48

• Berette 92 Compact

• Wather CCP M2

• Total voters
Reactions
I am looking to get another small handgun for concealed carry. I don't need something subcompact, just something with a smaller outline.
I am considering a Glock 19, as it is fairly slim, yet still holds a good number of rounds. I am also seeing some others for sale that might
work, but don't know about feel, reliability, etc. One I saw was a Taurus Millenium PT 145 Pro. Another one is a Ruger American .45. I might
go with an Officers model 1911, if it will conceal easily, or something like a Kimber Ultra Carry II (don't know if that one is considered a subcompact
like the Micro 9 would be). The poll has a few more options in it, so please vote. Let me know what you carry concealed that is not a sub compact,
but is slim/small enough to conceal well.

Reactions
What, no multi option or "Other" LOL

Seriously, the S@W Shield and the slightly larger .40 2.0 are pretty darn good and seem to fit the greatest number of hands and they have a proven record of being reliable and durable! I have carries a Kimber Ultra Carry II and the Original Colt New Agent as well, both are simply awesome for a small .45 especially when tuned to feed HP ammo, but SPENDY for what they are!

A good second option is the Glock 26 and the 43, though the 43 tends to get traded off a lot, where no one ever gets rid of the 26, so that should tell you something! The Taurus 24/7 Compact is another really good option, but a lot of folks turn their noses up at Taurus, I can understand their concerns, but this pistol is a really good one and has a good reputation!

SIG has a number of options, but at the prices they are asking, I don't see them as any better anywhere!

Reactions
I will only conceal carry a gun with a hammer, and prefer a DA/SA trigger. I cannot get comfortable with concealed striker fire stuff - regardless of how many little safety doodads they add. That being said, the guns I carry daily in the “compact” size range are a CZ P-01, or a CZ P-07 - both double-stack at 15 rounds. I thoroughly enjoy shooting these, and I CAN hit a target with them. A baggy shirt and they are invisible with the IWB holsters.

I also carry a Sig P290RS for deep concealment, but it’s a single-stack with only 7 or 8 rounds.

I did carry a XD-E, which also is a single-stack 8-round gun. I just don’t enjoy any part of shooting it, and want more than 8 rounds if I am going to have one.

DB Wesner

Reactions
I voted G19 as it was my EDC for 3 years until I purchased a G26. The beauty being you can toss an G19 mag in your pocket as it's plug & play with it's smaller brother.

VoidShot9

Reactions
I've carried the G19 a few times, but mainly I stick with my smaller guns. Sub-compacts are the most compatible with my typical clothing options down here in the desert.

Reactions
They can be found here and there, usually at a decent price! Note, early Para had recoil spring issues and need to be updated with ether the Colt Or Kimber Duel Spring setup! It's super easy and cost about $35 for the kit! Make them cycle and feed much smoother!

Reactions
It might not be small enough, but the XDM 3.8” pistol is pretty easy to conceal. I prefer the .45, but it’s also available in 9mm.

If I really want the thing to disappear, I use the 9-round magazine without a pinky extension. If I’m not too concerned about it, I’ll use a 9-rounder with an extension. Fits in my hand nicely.

The extra mag(s) are 13-round capacity (for the .45).

I haven’t had any problems with the XDM’s. Good little thumpers.

FB1A6A4B-7410-4253-86B2-9CA247F81BF2.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
2620 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Centennial Hall
263 N Center St, Mesa, AZ 85201, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a...
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68