JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which handgun for concealed carry that is not a sub compact??

• Glock 19

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Taurus Millenium PT 145 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger American .45

• Officers 1911

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kimber Ultra Carry II

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0

• Sig Sauer P320C

• Glock 43X or 48

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Berette 92 Compact

• Wather CCP M2

• Total voters
Reactions
I am looking to get another small handgun for concealed carry. I don't need something subcompact, just something with a smaller outline.
I am considering a Glock 19, as it is fairly slim, yet still holds a good number of rounds. I am also seeing some others for sale that might
work, but don't know about feel, reliability, etc. One I saw was a Taurus Millenium PT 145 Pro. Another one is a Ruger American .45. I might
go with an Officers model 1911, if it will conceal easily, or something like a Kimber Ultra Carry II (don't know if that one is considered a subcompact
like the Micro 9 would be). The poll has a few more options in it, so please vote. Let me know what you carry concealed that is not a sub compact,
but is slim/small enough to conceal well.

What, no multi option or "Other" LOL

Seriously, the S@W Shield and the slightly larger .40 2.0 are pretty darn good and seem to fit the greatest number of hands and they have a proven record of being reliable and durable! I have carries a Kimber Ultra Carry II and the Original Colt New Agent as well, both are simply awesome for a small .45 especially when tuned to feed HP ammo, but SPENDY for what they are!

A good second option is the Glock 26 and the 43, though the 43 tends to get traded off a lot, where no one ever gets rid of the 26, so that should tell you something! The Taurus 24/7 Compact is another really good option, but a lot of folks turn their noses up at Taurus, I can understand their concerns, but this pistol is a really good one and has a good reputation!

SIG has a number of options, but at the prices they are asking, I don't see them as any better anywhere!

I will only conceal carry a gun with a hammer, and prefer a DA/SA trigger. I cannot get comfortable with concealed striker fire stuff - regardless of how many little safety doodads they add. That being said, the guns I carry daily in the "compact" size range are a CZ P-01, or a CZ P-07 - both double-stack at 15 rounds. I thoroughly enjoy shooting these, and I CAN hit a target with them. A baggy shirt and they are invisible with the IWB holsters.

I also carry a Sig P290RS for deep concealment, but it's a single-stack with only 7 or 8 rounds.

I did carry a XD-E, which also is a single-stack 8-round gun. I just don't enjoy any part of shooting it, and want more than 8 rounds if I am going to have one.

Following as I want a smaller carry. I've been looking at the M&P EZ in 380 as well as a few others.

31BB2783-BC4D-4BA0-9B44-8FCF1E221024.jpeg

When i need a sorta Compact its my Para Wart Hawg double stack 9mm that gets the nod! About the same size as a G-26 and has identical controls to my full size 1911s, so the transitions are stupid proof!

They can be found here and there, usually at a decent price! Note, early Para had recoil spring issues and need to be updated with ether the Colt Or Kimber Duel Spring setup! It's super easy and cost about $35 for the kit! Make them cycle and feed much smoother!

It might not be small enough, but the XDM 3.8" pistol is pretty easy to conceal. I prefer the .45, but it's also available in 9mm.

If I really want the thing to disappear, I use the 9-round magazine without a pinky extension. If I'm not too concerned about it, I'll use a 9-rounder with an extension. Fits in my hand nicely.

The extra mag(s) are 13-round capacity (for the .45).

I haven't had any problems with the XDM's. Good little thumpers.

FB1A6A4B-7410-4253-86B2-9CA247F81BF2.jpeg

Just ordered this for the Lady of the house. Spent extra on the Performance Center model and save me the work. Wasn't that much more.

Should work well for her hand strength. EZ model 380. Loaded with Liberty personal defense ammo.

C6189AC3-EE00-42D0-811F-A347C9DC3CDE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top