JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an idea for some defense rounds and want to load up some rounds and go pattern them from my 870 short barrel.
It would be handy if you were local to Tucson or willing to ship. I would purchase a bit more but do not want anything over 5 pounds of shot this size.
Mostly what I reload is for birds and clay's. I have plenty of that thanks to missing the spring season.

Contact via private message if you please.

Thanks

I have 1 1/8 oz cups that I use for birds and clay's for the first test I am planning on using those. My MEC is already set up for this load and I was going to just hand load the shot.

A buddy and I bought a 9000 hydro together. I keep the MEC at my house he has our Dillon 550 at this house. Which was OK when he was across the street. Bigger family needed a bigger home. Reloading stuff can get so expensive, having a partner is makes the price tag a lot easier. There are a couple of other items we have done this with.
I appreciate the offer I think we have settled on a load that will work for most everything we do.I just want to experiment with the heaver shot for now. 50 rounds so we each can have a box, a just in case sort of thing. Neither one of us live in areas subject to the stupidity of the masses. At least I do not think we do.

Understood, an ounce and a eight load won't hold much of the larger BB stuff but you already know that. I run two MEC 8567's one in 12 and another in 20. The 600 is basically for 3" or 3.5" which I bought a conversion for it. I have two Dillon 650's, a Hornady LNL and a RCBS Rockchucker for developing rifle loads. I know what you mean by reloading stuff getting expensive. Good luck.

Jon

The reduction in pellets is understood. It is such a pain in the bubblegum to change the MEC to something else. Partner did that once. He got done and I explained to him to put it back to the bird load configuration. Another hour or so, the machine has not been changed since. We tend to be anal about what we do measuring and checking everything. We bought a power scale and every so often we will pour out the powder and weight it just to be sure. No sense in making the sport any more dangerous.

My A5 can do 3 inch shells, a round of clay's and the shoulder hurts to much. Partner has a 3 1/2 Benelli but I am not interested in shooting it.

Typically the MEC machines are fairly simple to change up. The Dillon's are easy too but I leave one machine set for large primers and the other for small primers as that seems to be where they mess up.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top