JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I relocated from Ohio to AZ 5 years ago. It was then that I developed an interest in firearm ownership. Before I purchased my first pistol, I researched firearms and the related AZ laws. I own the book Arizona Gun Owner's Guide by Alan Korwin. Unfortunately, he no longer updates it for changes of the law so it is no longer published. Twice, while reading his explanation of the laws, I decided I did not want to take on the risk of gun ownership. Ultimately, I changed my mind and now own several, including a nice S&W that my wife uses. We both have earned our CC Permits.
I have seen too many individuals (and couples) buying their first forearm at the big box store and obviously have no safety training. I do believe in mandatory training. Anyway, here I am, and I hope to learn and perhaps help other members of this website.

Tom in NW Peoria

Welcome, Shootist. I came from northern Virginia to northwest Nevada in Fall 2004. I could actually feel the Freedom here versus the strait jacket that is the East Coast. Unless you own several hundred acres of cleared land in Virgina, there is really no place to shoot. My job as a trucker first brought me out here in late October 2000. I saw the infinite acres of wide-open land and decided after several trips out here that I had to move here. I live in a small town that has a dry lake less than three miles from my house. No fences, no gates, no operating hours, no waiting to get a bench, no admission charges, no No Trespassing signs, no rules against mag-dumping ... and a one-mile shot is easily and entirely possible. All we need now in Nevada is to unelect our idiot liberal Governor whom was run-out of Los Angeles for corruption.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on achieving awareness that you are responsible for your own safety.
Lots of resources around your area for training and practicing. If you find someplace you like and it isn't listed in the resources section of this forum, please post it for others. Thanks!

Welcome, there is a lot of really great folks hiding in the weeds on this site.

When I took my CCW class (2 students) my instructor took the time to work with our questions. Got really lucky he would take on a group so small.
Dealing with the law after you pull the trigger was the area I did not understand back then. I do now.
Owning a weapon, or weapons in my case is a responsibility. One which has to be taken seriously. I carry where ever I go.
Got stopped once during a holiday enforcement stop. The policeman asked if I had a weapon in the vehicle. I looked him square in the eyes and said yes.
Is it loaded, yes, would you mind pulling over for inspection, not at all. Your to easy, thank you for answering the questions continue on. Thank you officer.
Reasonable people that enter into conversations with LEO's in a reasonable manner do not have problems.

It is the idiots of the planet that try to do it another way that get into trouble.

FORtunately, our FOREfathers knew what they were doing when they wrote the Constitution.
If you want to see how ignorant are today's young people about the Constitution, look into NewsBreak. You'll see numbskulls there who believe the Popular Vote should replace the Electoral College. These nutcases say the Electoral College is antiquated and does not provide equality for all voters. I respond to them that "The Framers were far, far more intelligent than are you, and you should just be dam-ned happy you were born in America where you actually can vote to control part of your destiny." The ignorance exhibited by those born around 2000 is solid testimony that schools are not teaching the Constitution and how it came to be written.

One thing that really makes me wonder about the limits of the stupidity in today's young people is their argument that Trump is/was a dictator. I see this so often on NewsBreak that I wish I could be where are those morons who say this. I'd grab my Louisville Slugger assault weapon and teach them a quick lesson in Force = mass x acceleration right upside their empty, stupid liberal heads.

The Framers had just freed themselves from a dictator in the personage of King George III. It's beyond obvious that they'd write a Constitution that would 100% disallow a dictator to ever rise to power in the new nation. The Constitution is written with Checks and Balances to keep one branch of government from ever commandeering excessive power over the other two. We who went to school in the 1960s and 1970s know this. Sadly, these idiots of today who are more interested in what Kendall Jenner is wearing instead of how their government works don't know intestinal product from Shinola.

I have no wife nor kids, but I do worry about the future of our nation once these 20-somethings take full control of this country in about twenty years. Remember, the dope smokers and draft card burners of the middle 1960s are now in lofty positions of our government. Sick Willy and Himmlery Rotten Klantoon come to mind and certainly, there are hundreds upon hundreds more. Add to this the ChiComms have set the Year 2049 to be the year they intend to achieve world domination-- which is 100 years after Mao instituted Communism in China. Given how little today's young people know about the sacrifices it takes to maintain Liberty, I'd not be surprised if we see long-haired crack addicts joyously welcoming armed Chinese troops off the ship at the Port of Oakland.

I relocated from Ohio to AZ 5 years ago. It was then that I developed an interest in firearm ownership. Before I purchased my first pistol, I researched firearms and the related AZ laws. I own the book Arizona Gun Owner's Guide by Alan Korwin. Unfortunately, he no longer updates it for changes of the law so it is no longer published. Twice, while reading his explanation of the laws, I decided I did not want to take on the risk of gun ownership. Ultimately, I changed my mind and now own several, including a nice S&W that my wife uses. We both have earned our CC Permits.
I have seen too many individuals (and couples) buying their first forearm at the big box store and obviously have no safety training. I do believe in mandatory training. Anyway, here I am, and I hope to learn and perhaps help other members of this website.

Tom in NW Peoria
My own mother carried a gun from high school till she past at age 83. Try telling her that she needed training to carry out a God Given right would not have gone well. There is no such requirement and that is as it should be.
I'm with you that people should practice, and get some real training .... But there need not be any requirement to do so.
This would be like telling people they can't buy the car they want because they have not passed the required training.
I'm glad that you and your wife are taking your own safety personally, But I'm not for making others jump through hoops to use an already given right.

What is different today is Gun safety is no longer taught in schools, Its not taught in Scouting, Not taught in 4H, etc...
If you want to teach safety, teach it to everyone. DR

Sorry I disagree that firearms training should be required.
I take training when I can. The last class was combat pistol
the instructor ragged on me the whole time. Do this do not do that keep the gun pointed down range. On an on. Then he looked at the target, 3 shots about 2 inches apart in a triangle pretty much dead center of mass. Instructor looked at my weapon and said what caliber, .45 was the reply. No wonder you put the gun back in the holster. I know I need more practice.
You should have to drive with an instructor in the vehicle for a few minutes to renew your drivers license. Maybe some of the loons who are driving would be removed.

They definitely played for keeps and had some FOREskin in the game!

;) :D
The Founders were some extraordinary men. They signed their own death warrant when they signed the Declaration of Independence. Imagine the clappers it took to do that. Doubtful we'd see the same from our elected legislators today. We have the Unnamed Kenyan Marxist, Chucky Bullschumer and my favorite one to hate, Connecticut's most famous Vietnam War veteran, Richard Blumenthal. Yeah; like those are going to risk their lives for this country and the American People. There are no statesmen anymore...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top