JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted about this a few years ago. On and off, I've kinda been doing my own thing, but doing it all by myself with a few friends is a lot of work, but I would really like to spread the load and have bigger groups to shoot with, just so we can do more stuff.

One of the events we do is "rifle golf" so setting up targets out at a distance with a safe backstop, and then dropping cones at intervals of 50-100m moving out to 300-500m from the target.

Rules are simple. Big difficulty was getting everyone to see the target. and on our first outing we had a few issues with the target set up, which has since been fixed.

Right now I'm trying to gauge interest. I'd like to find locations where it's reasonable to get people from LA/OC/LV and other nearby places. I do have an area near barstow I can work out a deal with the landowner to use.

Having other chronic health problems in the middle of a pandemic can really eat up a lot of your time.
Tell me about it! Bladder cancer operation in October 2021. I'm now blessed with having to find a porcelain convenience about every hour. Feels like five gallons; it's actually about half a cup. I wore absorbent underwear until just this week when I said to helsinki with it. I've had cancer twice in four years (kidney and bladder). It's such a pain in the posterior that I've decided if I ever get it again, I'll just let it kill me. I'm 64, not married, no hair and nobody gives an airborne copulation about me. Some would ask, "Why so fatalistic?" The answer is because I just don't give a da-mn anymore. I just don't. I'll work to keep myself alive but if Death comes calling in the form of a third attack on me by cancer, I'll just let it have me...

Tell me about it! Bladder cancer operation in October 2021. I'm now blessed with having to find a porcelain convenience about every hour. Feels like five gallons; it's actually about half a cup. I wore absorbent underwear until just this week when I said to helsinki with it. I've had cancer twice in four years (kidney and bladder). It's such a pain in the posterior that I've decided if I ever get it again, I'll just let it kill me. I'm 64, not married, no hair and nobody gives an airborne copulation about me. Some would ask, "Why so fatalistic?" The answer is because I just don't give a da-mn anymore. I just don't. I'll work to keep myself alive but if Death comes calling in the form of a third attack on me by cancer, I'll just let it have me...

I had a heart attack a few years ago that nearly killed me, about a month after my 40th birthday. Last year my heart got so bad it was about to finish the job, and the docs put a new one in. As my heart was failing it started to take other organs with it first, including my liver, so I got one of those too. Spent a few months recovering and learning how to walk. I'm still recovering, but I get stronger every day.

Last year my heart got so bad it was about to finish the job, and the docs put a new one in. As my heart was failing it started to take other organs with it first, including my liver, so I got one of those too.
I'd say you got triple super-lucky to get two vital organs in one operation or in one year, whatever it was. The cost had to be just slightly less than launching a Saturn V rocket to the moon. My kidney cancer of June 2018 was $66,000; my dad paid it because I had no health insurance. The cost of my bladder cancer of March 2021 is unknown to me, other than approximately $6,000 left to me by my health insurance company. As you might surmise, my opinion of my health insurance company is not one to be heard by toddlers (they repeat everything they hear) or kids in grade school...

I'd say you got triple super-lucky to get two vital organs in one operation or in one year, whatever it was. The cost had to be just slightly less than launching a Saturn V rocket to the moon. My kidney cancer of June 2018 was $66,000; my dad paid it because I had no health insurance. The cost of my bladder cancer of March 2021 is unknown to me, other than approximately $6,000 left to me by my health insurance company. As you might surmise, my opinion of my health insurance company is not one to be heard by toddlers (they repeat everything they hear) or kids in grade school...
"God has special provenance for children, fools, and the USA" I must qualify as one or several of those, God has definitely been looking out for me.

Hopefully you'll have a miracle.............

I am in Arizona, so the laws are different. I do know that the ranges with over 100 yds are FEW AND FAR between.
When I go to the 100yd range with my AR10 the place almost shuts down. All the looky lou's
Phoenix has Ben Avery with over 500 meter ranges. Except you have to get permission and it is a pain in the bubblegum to reset targets.

Unfortunately I believe your headed into the Himalaya's with your idea.
I always wanted to try Star Shot but that disappeared the weekend I took my gun to So Cal.

I am in Arizona, so the laws are different. I do know that the ranges with over 100 yds are FEW AND FAR between.
When I go to the 100yd range with my AR10 the place almost shuts down. All the looky lou's
Phoenix has Ben Avery with over 500 meter ranges. Except you have to get permission and it is a pain in the bubblegum to reset targets.

Unfortunately I believe your headed into the Himalaya's with your idea.
I always wanted to try Star Shot but that disappeared the weekend I took my gun to So Cal.
1654340813623.png

So I've spent more than a little bit of time scouting over the years. This was one of the areas we used to use for our VLR shoots. This is where the above video was taken. The "Camp Taco" was where we set up camp, and we would set various targets around that pocket, tucked between China Lake NAAWS and Grass Valley wilderness. Unfortunately, China Lake expanded a few years ago, and annexed this whole area. So the search continues. Western Arizona and Southern Nevada are totally reasonable places to do this, but would need help finding locations, as I'm most familiar with the areas off hwy 395, and hwy 62.

It's informal shooting, under field conditions, at long range on steel targets. It's a lot of work to set up, but it's a lot of fun too.

Right south of Yuma in Mexico has a huge complex there where they can do it cheaper.. I was told they are USA trained and then go back to Mexico to operate.. I've only heard great things.

to bad its in commy calif i would not take my dog over that boarder let alone a gun.f---- calif
FWIW, it's good practice learning to operate in a non-permissible environment. It's great to get the release of being in a free state, but in the coming animated quest for liberty, all of your skills will be tested.

Right south of Yuma in Mexico has a huge complex there where they can do it cheaper. I was told they are USA trained and then go back to Mexico to operate. I've only heard great things.
I'm one who would never take a personal firearm into Mexico. The place is so corrupt that I'd not be surprised if I was arrested and charged with a murder during which I used my personal firearm before I ever owned it. The United States is a wonderful country in which to vacation. Be a smart man and stay north of the border.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top