JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of any custom action maker producing an action having a lefthand bolt with righthand ejection? I am fully aware that something like this is going to be expensive but I have no wife, no kids, no ex-wife, no ex-kids, no college loans, no car loans and minimal consumer debt. I want to build a custom lefty rifle that will eject the case to the right. I do not at all like having to fiddle with both the bolt and catching the brass with my left hand, which is what you get with a left bolt, left port rifle. Thanks for your help.

Browning made one years back. I think it was the T Bolt action. My dad was left handed, and wouldn't have one because he did not want the ejected case passing in front of his face. That would have been in the early 60's. He also hated my SKS because it ejected straight up! DR

My dad was left handed, and wouldn't have one because he did not want the ejected case passing in front of his face. That would have been in the early '60s.
So much has changed in the past fifty to sixty years. I ordered this action on March 6; it shipped today. That's 77 days. I ordered a Montana Rifle Company action on April 3, 2003; it was received at the gunsmith's in mid-November 2004. That's 592 days. MRC had a lot of problems back then. They were getting the right-handed short actions in chrome-moly steel out first, and letting everything else just set. Mine was a lefty long-action in stainless, so mine was low on the priorities list.

I'm really surprised this took only eleven weeks. Bighorn Arms estimates eight to ten weeks from ordering to shipping. They hit it pretty close. I can hardly wait to feel how smoothly it cycles. For $1300, it better be like lead crystal on silk.

So much has changed in the past fifty to sixty years. I ordered this action on March 6; it shipped today. That's 77 days. I ordered a Montana Rifle Company action on April 3, 2003; it was received at the gunsmith's in mid-November 2004. That's 592 days. MRC had a lot of problems back then. They were getting the right-handed short actions in chrome-moly steel out first, and letting everything else just set. Mine was a lefty long-action in stainless, so mine was low on the priorities list.

I'm really surprised this took only eleven weeks. Bighorn Arms estimates eight to ten weeks from ordering to shipping. They hit it pretty close. I can hardly wait to feel how smoothly it cycles. For $1300, it better be like lead crystal on silk.

How about as slippery as two strippers wrestling on an oiled up waterbed mattress?

;):D

;):D

My dad was left handed, and wouldn't have one because he did not want the ejected case passing in front of his face. That would have been in the early '60s.
I failed to write that getting an oddball action in the 1960s like the one I've got coming would have been one helsinki of a feat. I have heard of gunsmiths "turning over" a bolt to present sort of a "pseudo" lefthand rifle. The cost was most likely prohibitive. But free-market capitalism, modern technology and customer demand has given to us an opportunity to have made just about anything we want-- and at reasonable prices. The biggest key to all this beauty and bounty is the miracle of free-market capitalism. If one man can give you something you want at a good price, another man will say "I can give that to you for less." Competition: It's what built American business and what makes America great.

I do not at all like having to fiddle with both the bolt and catching the brass with my left hand, which is what you get with a left-bolt, left-port rifle.
I also do not at all like having to place the round into the ejection port from the opposite side when shooting single shots. My beef is that you cannot see what you're doing. We lefties shoot from the right side of the rifle. This left-bolt, right-port action will allow me to see the entire loading, firing and extraction process. It's $1400 price is worth it to me...

Browning T Bolt.

48B3705B-E8FA-46EC-AAC4-6476D4029C18.jpeg F3835B54-9B9E-417B-B4B3-4155B0F2EEBA.jpeg 62707907-CD89-4C25-8DA8-4924887BAF03.jpeg

I filled-out the Form 4473 on June 1 (yesterday). Because of the Wuhan Flu, the background checks are taking several days versus several minutes. The check should be completed by June 3 or June 4. Every penny has been spent that is required to take delivery; just waiting on the background check to go through.

The action is very impressive. The precision is visible. It looks like some sort of pump or valve for the Space Shuttle. For $1300, it ought to be dam-ned nice. Taxes and FFL costs added another $132. I'm estimating $4000 more before a scope goes atop; $6000 total before the first bullet flies...

The FFL has a Swarovski 5-25X for $1000 that he says is better than a Vortex or a Nightforce. If anybody would like to contact him about buying the scope, I can put you in touch. Funds will have to be certified and rock-solid.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top