JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday, I traded an AR pistol for this beauty. A Colt M1991A1 Commander manufactured in 1994. It came with the original hard case and cardboard outer box.

PXL_20230323_135322383.jpg PXL_20230323_135333090.jpg

Really nice.

I have my fathers 1911 from Korea when he was on guard duty. Made by Singer with welded sights. It works just fine for me.

He hated it because of having to keep it cocked on his side.
When the job required him to carry he got S&W .38 special on a .44 frame.

Get a couple of beers in the old man he could roll beer cans down the drive way.

I see a tiny bit of "holster burn" on it, but that it gives the "I know how to use it" look. Only a fool would test the man who carries a sidearm that looks like it's been holstered and unholstered many, many, many times...

My Uncle Eddie died a few days after Christmas 2022. He had a number of guns. Now that the probate for his estate has concluded, my dad (Eddie's last surviving sibling) says the guns are to go to me. I have no idea what are the makes & models of these guns. I'll know when I go to my local FFL to take possession.

Uncle Eddie quit school in the 8th grade and spent the rest of his life working hard and saving his money. He eventually became so wealthy that he was able to purchase several hundred acres of fabulous woodland (some cleared) in Little Fork, MN. I asked my dad what was Eddie going to do with the land after he died. My dad said that Eddie would most likely gift it to his local Catholic church. Eddie was never married and never had any kids. Such attachments would just slow him down in getting him to the next piece of work that had to be done.

So we'll see what bounty Eddie has bequeathed unto me once the guns get to my local FFL.

Uncle Eddie was very much a loner. He was always busy at some kind of work, so he never had too many people around him. He had very little patience with people who demonstrated little reason to get at a job and get it done.

My dad gave Eddie's guns to me because my dad is the next-of-kin. My dad is 93 and has no need to receive a bunch of guns, especially in a place like Virginia where there's no place to shoot unless you happen to own your own 500 acres. I moved to Nevada in Fall 2004 just so I would have a place to shoot my guns.

I'll post-up what I've inherited when I take possession. There might be some jewels there-- or not. One thing I feel confident in saying is that Eddie took good care of his firearms. He was a Marine and they know how to care for a wheppin.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top