JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Las Vegas man and his girlfriend are alive after a harrowing ordeal involving a home invasion, duct tape, and gunshots.

The couple was in their home Tuesday night when two armed men broke in. The intruders bound the couple with duct tape and demanded money from them.

However, the man was able to break free from the tape and retrieve a gun.

"I'm not sure how he was able to break free, but he was able to retrieve a firearm and shoot the suspect multiple times," police Lt. Dan McGrath told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The homeowner shot both of the intruders and killed one of them. His girlfriend was shot in the arm during the ordeal, but police didn't specify how this occurred.

Las Vegas Man Breaks Free From Armed Home Intruders, Shoots Them

It's sad that my girlfriend no longer questions why I carry while we're watching TV :(

i cant remember the last time, beside sleeping i wasn't carrying.

yes, i have carried while sleeping but when i am at home, the gun is on the nightstand and is outfitted with a streamlight and suppressor

"..........at a local hospital, shot in the rear."

Center mass not center azz, man! ;) Glad they weren't killed, too bad the wife caught one in the arm!
One of the things I'm most concerned about is home invasion! We are by no means well to do, but to certain poor areas near by we may appear to be. I'm always armed and my "chair gun" is a 17+1 capacity 9mm.

I live in the kidnapping capital of the United States.
Home invasions and car jacking crimes are increasing.
Burglaries are commonplace.

The biggest fear in our home isn't a home invasion.
It's the crossfire situation created in answer to that invasion - with every member of the household being armed.
At a very minimum we will need new carpet.

When we go out, my wife usually only gives me the questioning look without any words....
And I respond with the "of course I am" look in return.
After 30 years of wedded bliss, she knows it was dumb to even ask.

Most of these home invasions are drug dealers getting robbed, although this one does not sound like that. You can't be to careful anymore along with a security gate on the front porch area I had rolling shutters installed on all windows and doors. I live in a good area but that don't seem to matter anymore.

Most of these home invasions are drug dealers getting robbed, although this one does not sound like that. You can't be to careful anymore along with a security gate on the front porch area I had rolling shutters installed on all windows and doors. I live in a good area but that don't seem to matter anymore.

The problem with these kinds of home invasions is that when the bad guys make a mistake and invade the wrong house - they want what they want. If you aren't the drug dealer they are trying to steal drugs or money from, they aren't going to believe you when you tell them you don't have anything. Being "the wrong house" means your chances of survival are completely dependent upon either their mood, or your preparedness.

just curious, where is the "KIDNAPPING CAPITAL OF THE UNITED STATES".

Thanks

Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A.
In what officials caution is now a dangerous and even deadly crime wave, Phoenix, Arizona has become the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City and over 370 cases last year alone. But local authorities say Washington, DC is too obsessed with al Qaeda terrorists to care about what is happening in their own backyard right now.

"We're in the eye of the storm," Phoenix Police Chief Andy Anderson told ABC News of the violent crimes and ruthless tactics spurred by Mexico's drug cartels that have expanded business across the border. "If it doesn't stop here, if we're not able to fix it here and get it turned around, it will go across the nation," he said.

Wow, I live south of Tucson and haven't heard that. Here it seems that if there's a problem between "whoever", they just shoot each other, and sometimes throw them in the desert!
I guess they just go around here, or pause for a taco, a burrito and cerveza or horchata then head north.

My community is full of old guys, many of whom used to be in the service. Most know how to do so, and own arms that get used regularly. The bad guys usually go around us, but we've had several have their trip "ended" before they leave town, terminally.

CBP Agent Brian Terry was assassinated very close to here by a guy they just caught who was a BENEFACTOR of one of the FAST AND FURIOUS weapons, a fact that is still very fresh in the minds of the residents.

Good luck to you, man, and keep your powder dry.

Man, that's a terrible claim to fame.

The problem with these kinds of home invasions is that when the bad guys make a mistake and invade the wrong house - they want what they want. If you aren't the drug dealer they are trying to steal drugs or money from, they aren't going to believe you when you tell them you don't have anything. Being "the wrong house" means your chances of survival are completely dependent upon either their mood, or your preparedness.

This is my worry exactly. Once they're there they're going to do what they want.

I also live in Phoenix. A neighbor's house was invaded last year. His daughter made it to a closet with her cell phone. He was stabbed and when police showed up one of the invaders was killed and three made a clean get a way. He is not a drug dealer and was unarmed. The 4 invaders though none spoke English told the victim they were the police to get through the door.

A couple years ago a Phoenix cop pulled a car over on my street for a simple traffic stop. Inside the car were illegals who shot him in the neck. Home defense has reached a new level in Phoenix where having just a handgun no longer does it. Besides a handgun there is an 18" shotgun that has quick access after dark in my home.

You would think in a state as Arizona these home invasions would be rare but that equation leaves out the stupid factor and we all know the whole country has way more than it's share of stupid.

We are importing stupid up along the Drug Corridor that's scant miles from our home, the one Dear Leader Obama ceded to the cartels. Truth - home invasion is rampant all over, but here at least we can defend ourselves.
Shotgun should do just fine. :)

... authorities say Washington, DC is too obsessed with al Qaeda terrorists to care about what is happening in their own backyard right now.

I agree, and getting more involved in the Middle East (resources and man power wasted there that can be used at home), building a wall along the border (drug tunnels are built to depths of 100 feet, the fence is not) are not the answers. I would like Washington to start spending money and applying resources to rebuilding out infastructure rather than waste it overseas, though that does not seem to be going to happen even under a GOP/Republican controlled Washington D.C. It could create jobs and if the, 'Buy American Act was revitalized could even create new businesses. Can it even be done today ?

I agree, and getting more involved in the Middle East (resources and man power wasted there that can be used at home), building a wall along the border (drug tunnels are built to depths of 100 feet, the fence is not) are not the answers. I would like Washington to start spending money and applying resources to rebuilding out infastructure rather than waste it overseas, though that does not seem to be going to happen even under a GOP/Republican controlled Washington D.C. It could create jobs and if the, 'Buy American Act was revitalized could even create new businesses. Can it even be done today ?

I'm of the same opinion, we need to be using our resources to here at home. Unfortunately that's not nearly as profitable.

Home invasions and car jacking crimes are increasing.
Burglaries are commonplace.

The biggest fear in our home isn't a home invasion.
It's the crossfire situation created in answer to that invasion - with every member of the household being armed.
At a very minimum we will need new carpet.

When we go out, my wife usually only gives me the questioning look without any words....
And I respond with the "of course I am" look in return.
After 30 years of wedded bliss, she knows it was dumb to even ask.
i swear i live near the meth capitol of the USA thats why i carry...everywhere

Whenever an armed citizen kills a violent criminal, that's good cause to have a Negroni.

Negroni: one part gin, one part Campari and one part sweet vermouth. It's the only spirit alcohol I'll drink...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top