JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man that's incredible! We've worked with the forest service out here to develop actual lanes on a piece of property in the forest and the results have been incredible. It's so much better when people have a designated spot to shoot (but aren't restricted to that spot by law). It gives us a concentrated spot for our cleanups, law enforcement a concentrated spot to patrol, and it's unbelievably popular with shooters. Hopefully we can develop more of these spots in the future.

That's the nice thing is that shooting on BLM or National Forest land is also legal...BUT slobs tend to ruin it for everyone. One of the things I hate is people who decide to go out shooting at a "wildcat" range and take along a couple of 30 packs of beer, unloading the guns while loading themselves up. Dangerous and stupid, so i haven't shot at a wildcat range in years.

That's the nice thing is that shooting on BLM or National Forest land is also legal...BUT slobs tend to ruin it for everyone. One of the things I hate is people who decide to go out shooting at a "wildcat" range and take along a couple of 30 packs of beer, unloading the guns while loading themselves up. Dangerous and stupid, so i haven't shot at a wildcat range in years.

I feel the same exact way. Firearms and alcohol don't mix!

Just south of Arlington about a half mile is Aqua Caliente Road. It heads west and the first quarter mile is paved. After that is 30 miles of well graded road that ends at Painted Rock State Park. I have been going to this area for 20 years. If you're into long range shooting these is none better. The area is volcanic so the only place there is brush is in washes. I am not a nature boy but setting up targets one morning I reached the top of the hill and ran into Sun rise on Eagle Tail Mountain. Only one other time in my life have I seen such beauty. After that I was off to Map World to buy anything I could get my hands on about the area. The Oatman Indian Massacre happened in that area and their graves are some where around there
. That is also the location of the Southern Pacific, Hyder where
someone derailed the train that killed one back when everything was being blamed on 'the militia' and every morning you opened the paper to another family being terrorized by some group of Federal Jack Booted thugs again smashing into the wrong houseThat train must of really been moving to come off one end of that track a good 20 feet above the wash below to hit the other side smashing through a good 2 and a half feet of concrete and steel.

It use to be the special place to go but since the woman our governor appointed head of the state trust land she has put off limits any and every square of state trust land along with using the lands to block other lands. Hunting is still allowed on the land but don't get caught sighting in your weapon. All White Tank Mountains have been shut down and from the size of the signs they must mean business. Driving from Phoenix it's a little farther than I would like to go for shooting . But there is always something new to see and as of today I have yet to make it to Painted Rock always getting side tracked on the back trails.

Aqua Caliente.png Like I said for flat long range shooting it's the best in the state and no ATC riders crossing between you and your targets with out a care or clue. But from 7 feet to over a mile it's all good. You can get good maps of the trails here: MyTopo Free Online Topo Maps

Me and my buddy's have been organizing clean ups at sites in flagstaff and phx we've hit about 6-7 spots including the cinders out by Williams ( can't tell now)
I just stumbled onto this blog and would like to set some up in a bigger group. My number is 9288631224 if anyone wants to join. I'm putting together the next one, it'll be at table masa rd.
I'm calling the group "clean shooting" dumb name i know lol. Just let me know guys.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top