JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Usually around this time I start missing shooting my guns, so I take em out and clean them up... run a bore patch thru them, wipe em down, admire them for a little while, and put em back in the safe(s)... Due to the China virus, this got done a little early this year and the only one left to clean is my 223... guess ill get to cleaning that one this weekend...summers in Arizona for me are kind of boring. I do vehicle maintenance early AM and later in the evening, pretty much the only time I'm active outside for anything actually... during the day I'm usually inside where it's not like 6' from the surface of the sun... with all the spare time on my hands this year, I don't have any reloading projects pending, none that I can get components for anyway, so yeah. Wishing summer was already over before it's really even begun. I've even watched everything worth watching on TV and even some stuff that wasn't worth watching...
Even the dog is bored... LOL!! Ohh well, couple more days of this heat and ill be on to something I'm sure. Waiting for truck parts, waiting for reloading stuff... and sweating... hahaha!

What do you guys do in the summer?

I am missing my trips to the desert to shoot!

And normally when the deserts are shut down - I'll just shoot handguns at indoor ranges. Now with all the new shooters that just bought guns for the first time - going to indoor ranges are out also.

All of my weapons get cleaned when they get back in the house from using them, but I too took all of them down and ran a patch through them and oiled them again.

I hate the heat. I work outside, and every summer I swear I'm moving out of here. Then things cool back off, I enjoy the outdoors again and I forget all about all my "hatred" from the months before. C'mon October!

MD, yeah mine get cleaned as soon as I bring them home as well, but still, once a year in July I pull em all out and swab then all down again... ritual that started when I was a kid at home with a freakin swamp cooler because dear ol dad was too frugal to buy an AC unit... I just never outgrew the ritual... and once in a while I actually find something dirty on them... like maybe I was in too big of a hurry last time I cleaned it? IDK.

Im in the same boat as you for indoor ranges... it was a thing for me to do last year but this year I've shied away from it for the same reasons... :(

I actually eagerly await September, by then shooting and fire bans are lifted and things are a little more tolerable for me!!

Bill, LMAO!! Umm, I do my taxes every year by February... mine are super simple so I don't have an excuse not to...

Well I have been busy just trying to get settled in and look for work. Guessing next year will be a little different. Glad we got here when we did though. Cuz not September will feel cold. :D

Like the OP I have a lot of guns that may not get shot all year. So in the summer I get them out, clean, oil, and wax the stocks. This is also when I vacuum out the safes and storage cabinets. When that task is done all the leather goods get oiled. Last year I gave the kids the guns they were going to get, and sold a lot of guns I no longer shoot. This is to get ready to move out of CA. I even sold two safes! So I have much less to clean.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top