JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When my dad was a kid in Arkansas he would talk about supplementing the dinner table with game. Either with a drug store purchased .22 or a second SXS hand shotgun. When I was a kid ,like him I saved up for Rem 870 Wing master and that was my bird gun. As I got older hunting took a back seat to my family so I gave the 870 to my brother. Years later I started to get the itch to go hunting again and my finances were better I went out and bought a Benelli SBE. That's all it took I was hooked again. It progressed from there to several shotguns and a hunting dog. The dog is gone and so are all of those shotguns but I still have a fondness for the old 20ga Crescent poor mans shotgun.
CRESENT-NEW-EMPIRE-20GA-NICE_101063682_11264_AC63382C44EF76FE (2).jpg

My dad (born 1930) and his older brothers also went into the woods to harvest meat for the pot. My dad worked and saved for eighteen months to earn thirty dollars to buy a 1910 Model 94 in .32 Winchester Special. That was in 1946. I was presented with that rifle when you could still wrap-up a long firearm and mail it to someone other than yourself. I kind o' remember I was given it at Christmas 1999 or maybe 2000. I first saw the rifle in July 1975. My dad said I could have it someday. I waited at least twenty-four years to take possession. It is now safely ensconced in a safe several hundred miles away.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top