JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) Article is associated with HuffPost. That right there assigns to it the same value as what exits the southbound end of a northbound bull. 2) Article states that these unwanted guns "pose a threat" or some such bullhillary to persons in the vicinity of the firearms in question. Patently untrue. No firearm poses any threat to anyone of any nature until said firearm is taken to the hand and a human mind decides what will be the next action taken-- by that same hand. Every time a liberal writes about guns, they invariably expose their ignorance about the subject. These are the same dolts who lay blame on SUV automobiles when the driver causes a collision with another vehicle because our driver was texting, instead of keeping his mind and eyes on the road.

Sorry but I don't read Huffington Post. I already know there are way more stupid people in the US than average. Reading their writings does nothing for me but make me shake my head in total discus. It would just ruin my day. It's Sunday morning so I'll just load up the gear and the kids and go out shooting in protest of stupid people.

The Huff Po is there to combat Global warming! If enough people were shaking their heads in disgust think of the cooling breeze it would create. DR

Global warming is over!!! It was the coolest and the fifth wettest OCTOBER IN HISTORY last month.

No more fears, tell Arianna she can jump off the TRADE CENTER roof.

If you want to unload yourself of a gun, just go to any pawnshop that sells them. You won't get much for it, but you will walk out without it if you elect to take about 20% of what you originally paid for it.

Has anyone ever bought a firearm from a pawn shop? I've bought used pistols from an LGS, but I'm kinda afraid of dealing with pawn guys. Anybody had any experience? Either positive or negative?

Has anyone ever bought a firearm from a pawn shop? I've bought used pistols from an LGS, but I'm kinda afraid of dealing with pawn guys. Anybody had any experience? Either positive or negative?
I have; bought a 98% S&W Model 22-A1 for what I thought was a good price. The sale went through the FBI NICS just as it would at any storefront that has its FFL. I'd buy from my guy just up the street any time if he had something I really wanted but I have so little time to do anything anymore but work, so I'm not looking to buy anything right now...

We've got all kinds of pawn shops in Tucson, and i'm a little concerned about buying hot or busted up merchandise. My CCW will take care of NICS requirements, i'm just curious about safety and legalities.

thanks for the info.

Pawn shops I have heard report all intakes of firearms, the serial numbers of which end-up on a "hot sheet," which is a police listing of guns reported stolen. If you see a handgun you want, choose to wait several days before you buy it. It may go out the door before you come back to get it, or it may not. If it's still there in four of five days, chances are it's not stolen and you can buy with confidence.

Pawn shops I have heard report all intakes of firearms, the serial numbers of which end-up on a "hot sheet," which is a police listing of guns reported stolen. If you see a handgun you want, choose to wait several days before you buy it. It may go out the door before you come back to get it, or it may not. If it's still there in four of five days, chances are it's not stolen and you can buy with confidence.

Actually I very recently managed to get a gun stolen 10 years ago back from the Phoenix PD. The pawn shop that bought it found out the hard way that it had been stolen by at least two dif criminals

1) Try ten-count shrimp. 2) No evidence any intelligent liberal has ever roamed the planet...
I've actually caught Safeway for selling 25 count shrimp for more than 12 count shrimp, instead of the other way around. I usually buy enough shrimp for myself, but i'll order by the piece count, not the pound. When i complained to the department manager, he/she usually gives me the package for free, which i wasnt expecting or wanted. After the manager counted and reweighed they would find a difference of as much as 3 or 4 shrimp in the pound count, which could be as much as 20%. Not their fault locally, their warehouse would screw up.

Your point about inspecting is well taken.

There is a fifteen day waiting period on any used firearms traded/sold to an FFL in Tucson. Not for the BUYER, but the firearm itself, sits back in the back for 15 days while TPD gets the serial and runs for lost/stolen. Buy from pawn shops with no fear of legality - they have current FFLs or they don't d business in guns, at least in the front room. I have found deals once or twice in a panw shop, but nowadays they Google the gun and find out exactly what it is worth, add 10-20% and on the shelf it goes.

Everytime I go into a pawn shop I see stuff they are trying to sell at inflated prices- My friends tell me you have to haggle if you want a deal in a pawn shop
since this is America, I'm not accustomed to haggling, so I stay out of places that are trying to rip me off

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top