JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all - I have a Savage A-17 HMR semi-auto rifle. I have been having issues with the action not picking up the next round in the rotary magazine after firing the first round. I called Savage and they sent me new magazines which was supposed to fix the problem but it has not. I am shooting CCI amo which was made specifically for this rifle and tried Hornady amo as well. While these new magazines are better, still not getting consistent pick up of next round.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any advise,
Thanks

If you fill the mag one short, does it always pick up the rounds after that or is it hit and miss through the whole mag.
If its hit and miss through the whole mag and not just the top two, I'd send it back to Savage.
If its just the top two rounds, It may work itself out once the mags break in. in that case just load 1 short till it does ! Good Luck.

If you fill the mag one short, does it always pick up the rounds after that or is it hit and miss through the whole mag.
If its hit and miss through the whole mag and not just the top two, I'd send it back to Savage.
If its just the top two rounds, It may work itself out once the mags break in. in that case just load 1 short till it does ! Good Luck.
I think its pretty much hit and miss through the whole mag regardless if I fully load the mag with 10 or load fewer. I'll shoot it again and pay more attention to see if its just the to two top rounds.

Thanks

If it's hit and miss through the whole mag It may be the clips that hold the mag in are miss aligned. look to see if the mags are being pushed to one side or are hard up against the stock. If its that and there is nothing obviously loose or needs to be reset, it needs to go back to Savage. Good luck. DR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top