JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We've all seen it: Every time there's a mass shooting, the radical left uses it as political ammunition to further their gun control agenda. And there seems to be an ever-increasing percentage of our voting population that gets duped by these anti-gun arguments. Their desire to "feel like they've done something" to make the world safer somehow lets them abandon logic and support radical ideas that only serve to infringe on the 2nd Amendment, and do nothing to make society any safer.

People forget the fact that you're more likely to be struck dead by lightning or die in an automobile accident than get shot by a bullet, and yet the mere (ever decreasing) threat of mass violence is the thing that drives policy. It's obvious that these liberal policymakers do not care about statistics. What is it that DO they care about?

A common answer is "disarming the population". Yes, there's those out there that are going for that. But in many cases, I think it's a lot more nuanced than that. I think there's a pretty large segment of those that are questioning ownership of "black scary rifles" that are doing so out of fear and a lack of perspective. It's those people that, I would assert, are people that are not beyond reach entirely. It's those people that need their perspective changed, and their fears diminished.

The reason I feel they actually are reachable is that I witnessed a friend of mine go from the "Why does anyone need an AR-15?" mindset to being an owner of one just a few short years later. How did he get there? It was a process. It was the combination of having friends who were into exotic and interesting firearms (like myself) that he's known for years, and that he eventually moved to a house in the boonies and realizing police response in his district is about 30 minutes. He chose to take personal responsibility for the protection of his family, and upon making that choice, it eroded his irrational fears about "black scary rifles" when he realized it would be the best tool for his situation. I, of course, made the point to him that police are the mop-up crew regardless of city or rural location; they rarely intervene and change the outcome of a home invasion, and that his new mindset was just as valid when he was living in his former densely-populated neighborhood... But anyway, the details of his conversion don't matter all that much. The point is that he wasn't beyond reason. And I'd like to believe he's not alone.

What we have is left-wing brainwashing. But brain washing can be reversed. We've seen brain-washing reversal happen when members of a cult have been rescued. Yes, it takes time and effort, but it can happen. And I've seen left-wing brainwashing be reversed in my friend.

Fifty years ago, if a heinous crime was committed with someone with a weapon, did everyone focus on the weapon used? Nope. Somewhere along the way the narrative changed. Well, somehow, it is time to change that narrative again. Changing the narrative should be part of the mission of gun-rights organizations, in my opinion. Yes we can and should appreciate the battles our favorite gun rights organizations fight in Washington DC, but we shouldn't be satisfied with that alone. Responsible gun ownership needs to be showcased in the public eye and the culture of "crazy gun owners" needs to be destroyed.

So, is it too late to change the narrative? Is it too late to convince the people that it isn't the "black scary rifle" that the problem? Is it too late to convince those fearful of firearms that their fear is unwarranted, and is actually the result of a left-wing propaganda machine that has been programming them through the mainstream media for years?

I think a lot of us have friends that don't own a gun. Every one of us should be inviting our non-gun-owning friends out to the range to show them what it's all about. Maybe even that an AR-15 (or similar) isn't actually a scary weapon at all! Every one of us should be doing whatever we can to reinforce that we are all responsible firearm owners, and that the actions of a crazy lunatics should never be allowed to force policy changes that affect us all.

What else can we do?

Fifty years ago, if a heinous crime was committed by someone with a weapon, did everyone focus on the weapon used? Nope. Somewhere along the way the narrative changed.
Fifty years ago was 1969. Young adults (born 1946) were in their early twenties. Their parents were WW II vets (born in the early 1920s), and in their middle forties. These men knew firearms; they were trained in their best use and respected what a rifle could do in the hands of a skilled user. The kids (I'm 61, so I can say that) of the late 1960s were rebellious, were discipline problems and had no respect for their elders. They made every effort they could to be difficult for their parents.

Then there was the Criminal Left Media who were vehemently opposed to the Vietnam War. Nixon was in the White House, and the media filth abhorred him. The Criminal Left Media, in the personage of Walter Cronkite, turned America against the war and against weapons of war-- even those weapons used to defeat Communism. The pot-smoking longhairs chose to let Communism expand rather than to take up arms against it. Liberal professors taught that Communism wasn't so bad because everybody was "equal" under its iron rule.

Technological advances over the next fifty years made our lives easier and easier. In 1942, an eighteen year-old kid wanted to enlist and get to Europe so as to face-off against the Third Reich. Today, they stand in line for two days to buy the latest video game for their X-Box or their PS4. Free-market capitalism has made life so easy, that young people have nothing much to do save for complaining about how hard life is. They have become intellectually lazy. So very many can't tell you when began the War of 1812. Kids graduate high school barely able to read and write. When the future of our nation has been transformed into functional idiots, they're very easy for the propagandists of the Criminal Left to convince them of just about anything.

Take every opportunity you have to speak to the younger generations about the necessity of the 2nd amendment. Start with something like this. The most fundamental human right, is the right to LIFE. It follows logically, that you have the right to defend that life, from anyone who might take it from you UNJUSTLY, including any tyrants or despots in GOVERNMENT. The 2nd Amendment secures the means for that self defense.

When seconds count in a life threatening situation, the cops are just minutes away and will arrive in time to cover your body and call the coroner. We are ALL our own 1st line of self defense.

Fifty years ago was 1969. Young adults (born 1946) were in their early twenties. Their parents were WW II vets (born in the early 1920s), and in their middle forties. These men knew firearms; they were trained in their best use and respected what a rifle could do in the hands of a skilled user. The kids (I'm 61, so I can say that) of the late 1960s were rebellious, were discipline problems and had no respect for their elders. They made every effort they could to be difficult for their parents.

Then there was the Criminal Left Media who were vehemently opposed to the Vietnam War. Nixon was in the White House, and the media filth abhorred him. The Criminal Left Media, in the personage of Walter Cronkite, turned America against the war and against weapons of war-- even those weapons used to defeat Communism. The pot-smoking longhairs chose to let Communism expand rather than to take up arms against it. Liberal professors taught that Communism wasn't so bad because everybody was "equal" under its iron rule.

Technological advances over the next fifty years made our lives easier and easier. In 1942, an eighteen year-old kid wanted to enlist and get to Europe so as to face-off against the Third Reich. Today, they stand in line for two days to buy the latest video game for their X-Box or their PS4. Free-market capitalism has made life so easy, that young people have nothing much to do save for complaining about how hard life is. They have become intellectually lazy. So very many can't tell you when began the War of 1812. Kids graduate high school barely able to read and write. When the future of our nation has been transformed into functional idiots, they're very easy for the propagandists of the Criminal Left to convince them of just about anything.
You are correct in your lineage of gun ownership and the anti gun media complex, the hippies of the 60s grew up and took over with the Peace, Love and No underwear mantra. Walter Cronkite was 'the most trusted man in America', unfortunately his reporting was totally biased to his beliefs. He cost more American lives in Viet Nam than the NVA and Viet Cong with politicians waging a PC war which is impossible. Children today are suffering from the effects of multiple generations of indoctrination by the MSM and their 'educators'.

Short answer is there is NOTHING we can do! It will all come crashing down, this house of cards, It's only a matter of time!
We operate under the illusion that our vote's count, our voices will be heard, and that those who "We" elect will serve US, WE THE PEOPLE, Of the people, by the people, for the people! Unfortunately, it's a sham, an illusion! We lost all power around the time of Roosevelt Rev.1 and it's been going to hell ever since!

The bigger question should be: What will we do once it does all come crashing down? What will we have left, and who will we trust to stand with us and set things in place to rebuild! Can we even rebuild, Or will it be divided up into fiefdoms of the Ultra Rich and foreign powers who take over management!

The narrative is also co-opted. The main function I recognize for the dramatically increased force of gun control is "the final solution". Before unopposed mass killings of constitutionalists and nationalists by globalists, we must be disarmed.
We are the only thing standing between them and their goal.
This is the only narrative, the only nuance is between those who know this and those who don't.

The narrative is also co-opted. The main function I recognize for the dramatically increased force of gun control is "the final solution." Before unopposed mass killings of constitutionalists and nationalists by globalists, we must be disarmed.
I pray you are wrong, because I think you may be correct. Many will say, "It can't happen here." Well, early 1930s Germany was a brilliant example of science, literature, art and elevated thought. Then came their election of 1934 and the German Weapons Act of 1938. We all know what obtained after that...

I pray you are wrong, because I think you may be correct. Many will say, "It can't happen here." Well, early 1930s Germany was a brilliant example of science, literature, art and elevated thought. Then came their election of 1934 and the German Weapons Act of 1938. We all know what obtained after that...

I too pray that I'm wrong. I wish we could educate the indoctrinated, since the mid nineties I've converted a few to logic and reason with great effort. I'm not sure it was worth the brain damage.
Red flag laws that bypass due process are the evidence and only the beginning.

I too pray that I'm wrong. I wish we could educate the indoctrinated, since the mid nineties I've converted a few to logic and reason with great effort. I'm not sure it was worth the brain damage.

Red flag laws that bypass due process are the evidence and only the beginning.
My thanks for your efforts in salvaging those who chose not to fight for their Freedom. Takes a man with firm resolve and a stiff backbone-- two things in so short supply these days in America. I have faith that our Supreme Court will invalidate these "red flag" laws because they are absent due process. Sure, we'd all like to stop a crime before it happens, but at what price against the Liberty of every other American? That's the slippery slope. I never saw the movie Minority Report, but I understand it was about arresting potential criminals before the suspected crime was to be committed. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. If we start arresting and prosecuting on pure suspicion, where will it end? Would we not have our own Reign of Terror from the French Revolution?

Short answer is there is NOTHING we can do! It will all come crashing down, this house of cards, It's only a matter of time! We operate under the illusion that our vote's count, our voices will be heard, and that those who "We" elect will serve US, WE THE PEOPLE, Of the people, by the people, for the people! Unfortunately, it's a sham, an illusion! We lost all power around the time of Roosevelt Rev.1 and it's been going to hell ever since!

The bigger question should be: What will we do once it does all come crashing down? What will we have left, and who will we trust to stand with us and set things in place to rebuild! Can we even rebuild, Or will it be divided up into fiefdoms of the Ultra Rich and foreign powers who take over management!

The narrative is also co-opted. The main function I recognize for the dramatically increased force of gun control is "the final solution". Before unopposed mass killings of constitutionalists and nationalists by globalists, we must be disarmed. We are the only thing standing between them and their goal. This is the only narrative, the only nuance is between those who know this and those who don't.

This is a depressing notion, and I can only hope that this doesn't play out. There's still the population and their opinions, and their power to influence others, and their power to vote. I guess I haven't yet lost ALL faith.. I haven't yet become *that* jaded. ;-)

You would think that continuing to expose the true reasons behind the politicization of every instance of mass violence would have some affect. The problem is, doing so within in the immediate wake of a tragedy doesn't work very well when people's emotions are still high. You see the NRA get vilified for doing this.

There *has* to be a better strategy.

My thanks for your efforts in salvaging those who chose not to fight for their Freedom. Takes a man with firm resolve and a stiff backbone-- two things in so short supply these days in America. I have faith that our Supreme Court will invalidate these "red flag" laws because they are absent due process. Sure, we'd all like to stop a crime before it happens, but at what price against the Liberty of every other American? That's the slippery slope. I never saw the movie Minority Report, but I understand it was about arresting potential criminals before the suspected crime was to be committed. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. If we start arresting and prosecuting on pure suspicion, where will it end? Would we not have our own Reign of Terror from the French Revolution?
Minority Report wasn't a great flick, just prophetic. Red flag laws aren't intended to arrest nor convict but to disarm. Such an act could cause a law abiding citizen such a sense of helplessness as to cause them to react lawlessly.

Red flag laws aren't intended to arrest nor convict, but to disarm. Such an act could cause a law-abiding citizen such a sense of helplessness as to cause them to react lawlessly.
Hmmm. Maybe Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Bullschumer want exactly that? I'd not put it past those who abhor Liberty to the outrageous degree as do the both of them. Michael Doomberg is right up there with 'em, too.

This is a depressing notion, and I can only hope that this doesn't play out. There's still the population and their opinions, and their power to influence others, and their power to vote. I guess I haven't yet lost ALL faith.. I haven't yet become *that* jaded. ;-)

You would think that continuing to expose the true reasons behind the politicization of every instance of mass violence would have some affect. The problem is, doing so within in the immediate wake of a tragedy doesn't work very well when people's emotions are still high. You see the NRA get vilified for doing this.

There *has* to be a better strategy.
My intent wasn't to be pessimistic, depressing or discouraging. Just examining reality as I see it.
I enjoy purchasing and shooting firearms, I see young and new shooters at the range and in training courses all the time.
I try to set a good example. Just maybe I can live in peace.

Hmmm. Maybe Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Bullschumer want exactly that? I'd not put it past those who abhor Liberty to the outrageous degree as do the both of them. Michael Doomberg is right up there with 'em, too.
Indeed, that could be a planned or unintended beneficial consequence, just as I believe that the existence of Antifa is intended to provoke patriots into action. Such an uprising of patriots in insufficient numbers would be crushed by govt. forces.
I can't see any other purposes to allow antifa to run amuck. We're being baited.

Interestingly enough, since every modern mass shooter has been coming down off his meds when committing their special crime, what we need is a better way to monitor these people and force them to stay on these meds:mad:

Interestingly enough, since every modern mass shooter has been coming down off his meds when committing their special crime, what we need is a better way to monitor these people and force them to stay on these meds:mad:
The ACLU came out with a statement that it would be useless and possibly dangerous to monitor metal health sufferers.

My sweet wife is extremely liberal, and if she could wave a magic wand and make all the firearms in the world vanish, I'm sure she would. As you might imagine, we've had some interesting and difficult conversations.

In my experience, if the anti-gun person we're talking with has good intentions and an openness to learning, they can come to a point of accepting the need for firearms. They might not like the idea of people having guns; they may be squeamish about the whole conversation. But the ideas of personal responsibility and protection of the innocent can be discussed with them.

Here are a couple of videos that I like to bring into the conversation.

This one is about the need to be able to defend ourselves from tyranny. It's about an hour long, and worth watching.

And this one is about the need to be able to defend ourselves in our daily lives. It's not very long, but definitely gets your attention.

Some of the anti-gun crowd cannot be reasoned with, and some can.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top