JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
best-south-park-characters-gerald-broflovski.jpg

I wouldn't bet on it if BP comes back. Of course if it's gone, some will come here. BP WAS JUST TOO EASY. Sure there were some jerks and idiots, and more than a few BAD GUYS, but all in all it was a very easy way to do business. It was also broken up into small areas where FACE TO FACE was pretty convenient. It seems that there may be a problem here as there seems to be many more PHX based members than those from even Tucson, much less out of state

Last Edited:
That's like taking away my youtube... I was on that site every day for long periods of time seeing what ppl are selling. I have bought and traded on a whim on there hundreds of times

From What I understand, Backpage owners refused to take down the personals section of their site, which was alleged to have been used openly used for illegal activity like prostitution and child sex traffic. I never purchased anything from an ad on the site, although I did go look at some furniture for sale I saw there one time. They did have a very large section of guns and related equipment for sale on the site.

One of the things I really don't like about some of the sites I'm on is everyone peddling what they got. It's only really a problem when the site is huge, and you have to sift through a bunch of crap you aren't interested in to find the things you are interested in. THAT is why I liked backpage. If I wanna buy something, ill go to a site where I can buy something. It is my opinion that "For sale ads" would dilute the intent of why these sites were created.

I'm new here and even I know better than to turn this place into a swap meet.

I use forums primarily for information sharing, education, camaraderie... buying and selling would pretty much be at the bottom of the list of why I'm here...

One of the things I really don't like about some of the sites I'm on is everyone peddling what they got. It's only really a problem when the site is huge, and you have to sift through a bunch of crap you aren't interested in to find the things you are interested in. THAT is why I liked backpage. If I wanna buy something, ill go to a site where I can buy something. It is my opinion that "For sale ads" would dilute the intent of why these sites were created.

I use forums primarily for information sharing, education, camaraderie... buying and selling would pretty much be at the bottom of the list of why I'm here...
I have this bridge that I no longer use if anyone is interested.....

You should see the Parent site to this one, lots of ads, but You don't hafta click on them if you don't wanna

Yeah, I noticed that.
One of the sites I frequent will have 10 pages of new posts in between site visits with a good 75% of them for sale or wtb.

Hey, I get it.
I don't always get things my way.
Started just going direct to the sub forum I was interested in instead of clicking view new posts since last visit.

I joined this site because backpage got seized. Heard it had something to do with sex trafficking. Hope it's not government over reach...

Love the classified section as soon as I have the cash I'm picking up a Glock 26!

LOL!!

I'm certain the govt knew what they were doing and the sex trafficking was just one of the "reasons" for their action. Kind of hard to prove overreach when they have an "apparently valid" reason.

Trust them as far as I can throw them...

We're definitely hoping to see a bump from this, we've been working hard to keep up the growth but there's only so much we can do with a limited budget. I really appreciate everyone doing what you can to spread the word :)

Those of you who know me from Northwest Firearms know that I'm dedicated to making sure our sites are well-run. If we can grow this to even 1/5th of NWFA's size there's no way it won't be the best resource out there for Southwest gun owners :D

@Joe Link: I like all the headlines you posted. That's pretty cool. Good job on that.
To bring that back to on topic, I didn't know BP execs had homes here in phx that recently were raided. Also didn't know BP stemmed from NT.

Also, I hope for the boards sake if this draws an influx of people that they stick around a bit and check the place out. Nothing like a local resource.

If the thousands of people who used BP to review guns for trade or sale, or looking to buy, how many of THEY have been watching here? I hope that many, but not all, come here, but I'm not gonna say THEY have been watching.
In reality there were a LOT Of items for sale at EACH of the locations on BP. There haven't been near as many items here. BP was not a SOCIAL site such as this one. The only opinions there were about some of the losers who were selling broken or overpriced stuff, or being obnoxious illegal dealers.
The more we get here, generally, the better off we'll be. But I wouldn't expect Thousands to come over, be active and contribute to a good site.
JUST SAYIN', I M H O

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top