JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is what is looks like when I go there. Screenshot_2018-04-06-15-13-38.png

What in helsinki is backpage? Nevah hoyd of it...
Haha so I used backpage.com to buy, sell, and trade firearms in Arizona as we do not require background checks for private sales. Today the government seized it because people used it for prostitution and sex trafficking. I understand that they are trying to do something about the sex trafficking. What I am wondering is those of us who used backpage in Phoenix for firearms (even FFLs and retail stores posted on Backpage) what are we going to use now. I like this site but it doesn't seem to have as many users as backpage did. Also the only reason I know about southwestfirearms.com is because of an ad on backpage in the sporting goods section.

We need our own playground with YouTube censorship / Reddit Censorship / Backpage Seizure. I would really like a place where gun owners are welcome and I think this site is a good start.

I used backpage.com to buy, sell and trade firearms in Arizona as we do not require background checks for private sales.
Same for Nevada. I have bought a few gubs at gub shows from private sellers at the Hilton (now called the Grand Sierra Resort). I prefer to do it there, where I have time to really inspect the firearm before I buy it. Bought a really nice British Sterling 9mm rifle with the collapsing stock and the "stinger" barrel. Must have been an older one because the later ones had the handguard going all the way to the muzzle. Mine could be converted to SBR by just getting the tax stamp and lopping-off the barrel about two inches or so in front of the receiver. Paid $675 for it; never fired it. There was another one on another table; not as nice as mine and going for $900. I remember seeing these for sale in Shotgun News in the early 1980s. I was a college kid with no money, so they were out of reach. Things have changed for me in thirty-plus years...

British Sterling 9mm rifle.JPG

Last Edited:
I am sure this site will grow. I came from northwestfirearms when I moved down here from OR because that website was a darn good one. SWFA isn't as active, but hopefully it will pick up a little bit more.

With the demise of backpage I am sure the classifieds will grow here. At least this forum has a feedback rating system so over time you will know who is good to deal with and helpfully weed out some of the flakes that BP was notorious for.

Funny, I have been removed from the PNWS for 5 years but still find myself reading it to stay up on local 2A issues back there. Never plan to move back to OR. It would be awesome if SWFA becomes even half as active as NWFA. I know Joe is working hard to make it work.

With the demise of backpage I am sure the classifieds will grow here. At least this forum has a feedback rating system so over time you will know who is good to deal with and helpfully weed out some of the flakes that BP was notorious for.
I was flaked on a few times when I tried to buy. One time I drove an hour and waited for them to show up. They never did. They never got a hold me and reposted. It was so irritating that they couldn't just text and say they needed to reschedule.

I can tell you from past experience with the Northwestfirearms that it was way better than backpage, but a huge part of that was the members. I am really hoping now that BP is closed Southwest kicks off. I have been remiss in logging in SWFA in a long time and the backpage shutting down brought me back. During slow times are work perusing BP sporting equipment was a decent pastime. Now I will have to use this forum for.

I was flaked-on a few times when I tried to buy. It was so irritating that they couldn't just text and say they needed to reschedule.
So many people who were born in the late 1960s and early 1970s were never taught any manners at home, and it's just gotten worse since then. Just seems to be an appalling shortage of class these days...

What was nice about backpage was that I could just look at local stuff where you could save some cash buying used guns . So now the sex traffickers can't advertise where to find them , you would think that would make it easier to catch them ? And a little piece of the first amendment gets thrown into the garbage !!!

I just don't get why backpage didn't just do what craigslist did.
Get rid of the personal ads.
I guess there is always armslist
They did remove the personals. Backpage got singled out pretty hard even though they were trying to report on any suspicious ads that might have been involved with underage sex trafficking. Just another example of the sheila broflowskis of America going to war on free speech and sex workers.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top