JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the past couple of weeks, Cheaper Than Dirt has been running incredibly slow. I have to click on the bookmark, then wait at least a minute for the site to load. Then each page that I want to view has the same delay. Is anyone else experiencing this??

I went there earlier today. I did think it was loading slowly. The front page came up very quckly, but subsequent pages seemed to take a while. I don't usually buy things from CTD, so I'm not overtly affected. I did see a neat little doo-dad that aligns the gas block on an AR barrel directly over the gas hole. I'd have bought one, but the shipping was more than the purchase price...

I haven't been to CTD's website since the great magazine price gouging under the last POTUS.... CTD has been dead to me ever since, and I won't look back.

Same here.

I just want someone to go to the site and see if it is slow or not. Come on, guys. Surely someone can load it and see how it runs.

Just went there and it seems like it's loading fast.

I chatted with them earlier and they are going to have their IT guys look into it. I noticed that it is loading a lot of stuff that I deem to be unnecessary (by watching the lower left corner of my browser). It loads a little faster on another machine at my house (Windows 10), but my Mac Pro is the one that it is loading incredibly slow on. What's weird is that I just completely reloaded this machine (new SSD, fresh operating system, etc.), so there should be no issues at all.

I will post on the Firefox forums and see if they can figure out if it is a setting in my browser that may be causing the issue. Sportsman's Guide loads very fast (as do all the other gun sites that I use).

With the help of someone on a Firefox forum, we got it figured out. The problem was the AdBlockPlus add-on that I was using. I switched to UBlock Origin - now Cheaper Than Dirt loads very quickly. So, if anyone else experiences this issue, it might be related to your ad blocker.

I haven't forgotten how they were price gouging when there was a shortage of .22 ammo. I will not do business with them after that.
FYI, their prices are still normally higher than other online retailers like Midway, Graaf, Natchez, Powder Valley, etc.
It would pay to shop around before ordering anything from CTD.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top