JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just so y'all know I'm still being obnoxious, just not here lately. Things have been pretty busy. I scrambled to find a replacement for my old gas guzzler pickup with a 5.7 engine, 14mpg maybe 15 on the road on a good day. I needed to take care of this before my wife went in to have the cancer and her left eye removed. I just did get it done, got a '98 Honda CRV ex with beu coup miles but runs good especially after the chk eng light came on, just needed new plugs, and purrs like a kitten now no more miss fires. Gets better than 20mpg. I got another code P1299 and I was advised I need to replace the distributor and the plug wires. I erased the code and I'm waiting to see if Check. ENG lights up again. If it does I'll order the parts but not till then.

Last Tuesday wife was hauled to Portland and Wednesday the surgery was complete. Thursday they kicked her out due to fear of the virus, hospitals are great places to get sick in!
So she was brought to a lady friends house for a few days, and finally home here this Wednesday late afternoon. I'm going to be kept pretty busy being chief cook and bottle washer. I'm out of my depth because I never learned how to cook, but I'm faking it fairly well. Lucky I learned how to scrub pots, and have a decent dishwasher!
So if I'm not here stirring things up just figure she's killed me for trying to food poison her. LOL Either that or I've learned how to boil water!
Take care y'all, I'll check in now and then.
Gabby

Last Edited:
I recommend a slow cooker. Toss in a hunk of meat, an assortment of small colored potatoes, onions and carrots. The heat on high to start then after an hour down to low. Cook for 4-7 hours. Depending on the meat. Onions do not need more than 2 hours so maybe leave them out in the beginning.
Glad you got your truck issue under control. I have a buddy that goes into the VA here in Tucson this week for heart surgery. Yikes.

Just so y'all know I'm still being obnoxious, just not here lately. Things have been pretty busy. I scrambled to find a replacement for my old gas guzzler pickup with a 5.7 engine, 14mpg maybe 15 on the road on a good day. I needed to take care of this before my wife went in to have the cancer and her left eye removed. I just did get it done, got a '98 Honda CRV ex with beu coup miles but runs good especially after the chk eng light came on, just needed new plugs, and purrs like a kitten now no more miss fires. Gets better than 20mpg.
Last Tuesday wife was hauled to Portland and Wednesday the surgery was complete. Thursday they kicked her out due to fear of the virus, hospitals are great places to get sick in!
So she was brought to a lady friends house for a few days, and finally home here this Wednesday late afternoon. I'm going to be kept pretty busy being chief cook and bottle washer. I'm out of my depth because I never learned how to cook, but I'm faking it fairly well. Lucky I learned how to scrub pots, and have a decent dishwasher!
So if I'm not here stirring things up just figure she's killed me for trying to food poison her. LOL Either that or I've learned how to boil water!
Take care y'all, I'll check in now and then.
Gabby
Good Luck to ya pard. Take care of that little women. Good ones are hard to find. We'll leave the light on for ya.

You will find talents within that you never knew you had. May God bless the House of Gabby.

LOL I've learned how to burn water!
Actually a few days ago I learned how to take chicken breast meat, some Alfredo sauce and spaghetti and combine them well enough I received praise! How about that?
I won't mention all the goof ups though. :rolleyes:
Gabby

There are no goof ups when cooking, just experiments. Some better than others. Chicken in a glass pan, cover with pineapple, bake for 45 minutes at 325 or until the chicken is done. Hawaiian Chicken. Glass tastes better than metal in my opinion.
May all your tribulations be small ones.

Well heck, we could start a "Cooking with Gabby" thread, toss out all sorts of cooking tips and tricks for the man to try! Who knows, we might just have a super star chef in the making here!

Knee mail outbound for you and your bride, a swift recovery and cancer free!

Thanks guys, if you do give me a recipe please keep it simple as I really am a novice at cooking.
I'll appreciate what ever you send whether I get around to trying it or not.
Heck I'll bet others would like to see them too. I'm thinking one dish dinners would be great,
Something I could throw in the oven and serve without anything else needed.
Cooking with Gabby! :cool: o_O LOLOLOL Lets just keep it right here for now this is my thread after all.
The BOSS has the final say about what gets done in the kitchen. She is a bit picky! :rolleyes:
Hey Joe can I change the title of this thread? LOL
Gabby

I like Walmart linguine in Kraft Sun-dried Tomato salad dressing. I fry-up a pound of at least 80% ground beef; drain the fat away. The salad dressing goes into the pot that fried the beef. I use a deep aluminum pot we've had in my family since 1964. Heat the beef and salad dressing through.

I microwave my linguine in a breadloaf keeper I got at a Goodwill-type store maybe ten years ago. Fill the keeper half-full of hot water and microwave on High for 30 minutes. Never sticks, never gets overcooked, no stirring required. Any big pot for boiling will work on a stove; the plastic bread keeper just fits the pasta perfectly.

Once everything is done and cooked, mix the whole mess of linguine (lift from the water) and salad dressing with beef together; stir to mix it up good. I love this stuff. It's quick, easy, makes just a few dishes and it's cheap. The pasta is a buck; the salad dressing is two bucks. The beef is maybe three or four bucks. Makes a good bit of food; you will most likely have some leftovers. I usually do, but it never makes it past lunch the next day.

The spiced tomatoes & green chilies are for when I make red beans & rice. I add the can to the box of Zatarain's mix and cook it down until there's just a bit of "soup" remaining. I like just a bit of moisture in my RB & R. I make the RB & R in the same aluminum pot shown. A very versatile piece of kitchen wonderfulness...

glass-top-300pix.JPG sun-dried tomato salad dressing.JPG

Last Edited:
I've got to warn y'all I'm only 5' 81/2" and weigh 200# nekid! Used to be 5' 9" shrunk some!
I'm trying to lose about 30# and not making much progress, so don't make big portions there are only 2 of us here,
and we neither one need to gain any more. Besides our refrigerator will only hold just so much.
I'm from the old school of clean your plate , there are starving kids in Timbucktoo (or some such place),
that would love to have what you have, so don't let any go to waste. So instead it goes to my waist! I still clean my plate.
Haven't seen my belt buckle in years! :eek:
Reminds me that when I was a little boy, I hated peas, could hardly get them down, and Mom wouldn't let me out of my
highchair till they were all gone, and I didn't have a dog to slip them to!
Funny part that I'm leading up to is NOW all these years later I LIKE the darned things! Go figure. I hope Mom is proud of me. :D
Gabby

This is the breadloaf keeper I use to cook my linguine. It's made by Good COOK. It's 12L x 6W x 5D inside; holds 1.5 gallons of water. The black line is to where I fill it with hot tap water, throw in the pasta, then into the microwave it goes for 29:58 because I do not want to max-out the 30-minute timer. Kind of like loading an AR magazine with 18 rounds. No timing, no stirring, never overcooks. Pour entire load through a sieve, and you've got it all sewn-up. Mix the pasta with the whole 16-ounce bottle of the dressing. Eatin' good in the neighborhood!

linguine boat.JPG

Tonight's repast: Two packages of Knorr Teriyaki Noodles ($1 apiece) into which was thrown the fryings of one pound of 85% burger. Cook the noodles pre package directions; add the fried-up and drained burger after the noodles have set for two minutes following their complete seven-minute simmering. Stir to mix. It ain't haute cuisine, but it'll hit the spot. Least it did for me. I do not eat for taste; I eat for calories and bulk. Bon appy-teat...

The stuff is made for tuna, but I found that one pound of fried-up & drained ground beef fits into the pot just as easily. I made two boxes. The 1 cups of water for which it calls (for one box) doubles to 26 ounces for two boxes. Just double all the other ingredients. It's easy to make, and cheap. Makes a good bit of it. I ate two big pasta bowls, then got stupid and ate a third. My gut hurts. I'm hatin' life, right now.

If you want to use tuna, I'd advise at least five cans because half of what's in a five-ounce can is water or oil. Maybe get six cans. Chunk chicken will work, as well. Five or six cans...

i'm still around.JPG

This is the breadloaf keeper I use to cook my linguine. It's made by Good COOK. It's 12L x 6W x 5D inside; holds 1.5 gallons of water. The black line is to where I fill it with hot tap water, throw in the pasta, then into the microwave it goes for 29:58 because I do not want to max-out the 30-minute timer. Kind of like loading an AR magazine with 18 rounds. No timing, no stirring, never overcooks. Pour entire load through a sieve, and you've got it all sewn-up. Mix the pasta with the whole 16-ounce bottle of the dressing. Eatin' good in the neighborhood!

View attachment 7483

We have something called a "Fasta Pasta" and it has a special lid with 2 different size holes you use to gauge if you are cooking spaghetti for 1 or 2 persons, or combinations thereof with the various water lines molded into the plastic sharpie ink helps with visibility! It is long enough to cook full length stuff.

Cooking directions for the various pastas and quantities are listed You cook with the lid off in the microwave and when done you put the lid on and pour off the water thru specially made slots on the end opposite the 2 measuring holes. the slots are close enough to prevent the smallest angel hair pasta from passing thru! Since there are only the 2 of us that makes it pretty simple for a cooking dummy like me to bumble thru it!

I just looked and it does, Spaghetti, Lasagna, Fusilli (long), Tortellini (dry & fresh), Ravioli (frozen or fresh), Macaroni 3 kinds, Penne, Rotini, Rigatoni Mosteccioli, Shell Pasta , sml, med, lg, egg noodle and, Gluten free Spaghetti, Penne, & Macaroni!

Whew I didn't know there were so many different ones available. I don't eat much Italian food as it often doesn't agree with my tummy, the combination of the tomato souse especially with some types of meat. The grease and acid can tear me up. :eek:
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top