JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Gabby, I used to have the book, "Road Kill Cook book.":)
One of my favorites was, "Bumper Bambi hub cap stew.":eek:
It's available now on Amazon. It's strictly, "Tongue-in-cheek",;)
but harvesting road kill is legal in some states.:D

Hope your wife is all better soon. Don't count on loosing your chef's job though.:confused:
I found, the best you can hope for is every other night.:p

Last Edited:
Hey Gabby, I used to have the book, "Road Kill Cook book.":)
One of my favorites was, "Bumper Bambi hub cap stew.":eek:
It's available now on Amazon. It's strictly, "Tongue-in-cheek",;)
but harvesting road kill is legal in some states.:D

Hope your wife is all better soon. Don't count on loosing your chef's job though.:confused:
I found, the best you can hope for is every other night.:p

Yup Oregon is one!
Back in the bad old days, I was on patrol duty and found a fresh killed doe, still warm.
Tossed her in the trunk and hauled her to the jail. We had a real chuck wagon cook as a trustee,
and I turned her over to him, he even saved me a small roast. Another time I hit a fawn and broke it's neck,
I was only a mile or so from one of the game warden's home so I dropped it off there, he said he would probably feed it to his Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

A little update, we are getting good reviews from all her Dr's,
She went and had another PET scan a CT scan on steroids.
Afterward she wasn't allowed to go near small children or pregnant women,
because she glowed in the dark. Just kidding a little, the results from that
took a load off her shoulders!
I'm starting to get used to looking at her missing eye, but it really changed her appearance.
She doesn't wear a patch, and has a flat spot where her eye used to be.
Noticeable but not so bad to look at as you might think.

After all I've said, life has nearly returned to normal, and we seem to be getting along better.
I'm still helping with some of the cooking, but I mainly try to keep her from pouring everything on the floor.
Her depth perception is shot, and her good eye is giving her problems as well, in the vision Dept.
I doubt she'll ever drive again, it is that bad.

She just had her 86th B day the second of June, and I'll be darned I just turned 78 today. Happy B-day to me. LOL
Who'd a thunk I'd ever live so long? o_O:p:eek::rolleyes::D
Gabby

A little update, we are getting good reviews from all her Dr's,
She went and had another PET scan a CT scan on steroids.
Afterward she wasn't allowed to go near small children or pregnant women,
because she glowed in the dark. Just kidding a little, the results from that
took a load off her shoulders!
I'm starting to get used to looking at her missing eye, but it really changed her appearance.
She doesn't wear a patch, and has a flat spot where her eye used to be.
Noticeable but not so bad to look at as you might think.

After all I've said, life has nearly returned to normal, and we seem to be getting along better.
I'm still helping with some of the cooking, but I mainly try to keep her from pouring everything on the floor.
Her depth perception is shot, and her good eye is giving her problems as well, in the vision Dept.
I doubt she'll ever drive again, it is that bad.

She just had her 86th B day the second of June, and I'll be darned I just turned 78 today. Happy B-day to me. LOL
Who'd a thunk I'd ever live so long? o_O:p:eek::rolleyes::D
Gabby
Gabby, prayers and best wishes to her and you! May the Spirit see you thru this... Dun

I had a friend that lost an eye, with practice he could bend electrical conduit and drive. Did not happen over night, the human brain can and does rewire itself when stuff happens.
Time and practice is all that is required.
Good thoughts from the southwest deserts.

I had a friend that lost an eye, with practice he could bend electrical conduit and drive. Did not happen over night, the human brain can and does rewire itself when stuff happens.
Time and practice is all that is required.
Good thoughts from the southwest deserts.
At 86 she really hasn't any intention of adjusting and relearning. She just wants Jesus to call her home!
Gabby

Glad things are working out for BOTH of you! Getting old ain't for wimps, sounds like you two got this!
Eee gads, make her wear a patch or get a marble or something to stick in there!
Have you ever tried to MAKE your significant other do something they don't want to do?
Good luck with that! :rolleyes:
Gabby

Each time she uses her senses the brain will make new connections. What I was describing will happen automatically.
Some one said getting old was not for wimps, boy oh boy do I understand that. I am a youngster pushing 70.

Each time she uses her senses the brain will make new connections. What I was describing will happen automatically.
Some one said getting old was not for wimps, boy oh boy do I understand that. I am a youngster pushing 70.

Golden years my eye. Use the other anatomical 3 letter response of your choice.
Not for wimps seems to be right, but it can make a wimp out of a strong person.
My wife is not the type to help her senses make the adjustment, she had therapy instruction to do just that
and gave up.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top