JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What 1 of these guns would you own, if you could only own one...

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Glock-pick ur flavor

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • S&W / Ruger .357 Mag

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • AR15

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • If other, then what & why?

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
24d was available in a variety of calibers 223 would be better due to widely available ammo. i also had 22mag over 20g. i cant remember where it went somewhere in a trade or something. i have seen them in 30 30 357 mag and one in 357 maximum. very versatile gun.

I probably would go with a Mossie 500-something and get several barrels for different tasks, hopefully find a rifled slug barrel.. I'm good with it and with various types of slugs and sabot rounds available I could do most anything- within range. A lot would depend on where I was living and what the local needs were. I also have an 870 set up with ghost ring sights that is pretty accurate within it's range. Most of the shots Ive taken have been within 50-75 yards anyway.
The AR15 or AK arent bad choices, just a bit limited for hunting. Ive carried the Mossberg and a customised 870 for security work and also used them on bear- something I wouldnt want to do with an AR15. Every choice has it's limitations and good points, so... YMMV...

Gotta agree here, though MountainBear is also right on track! Ether would be the ultimate single weapon, well proven ,VERY accurate, reliable as death and taxes, easy to service in the field, and pretty darn sexy too!
My blueprinted FAL DMR or my 1944 03A4 "Stalking RIfle" would be absolutely perfection in any situation I could ever imagine!
Combined with a Lyman hand loading tool, a couple pounds of IMR and a pouch full of 165 gr Swift Scrioccos and a large tin can full of Winchester Rifle primers, and a Fella would be set for a Very, VERY long time, A proper Riflemen only needs ONE!
Oh, yea, Suppressor that fits both! Gotta have one!
"...Ether would be the ultimate single weapon, well proven ,VERY accurate, reliable as death and taxes..."

Well now, I hadnt considered ether to be an ultimate weapon, but it could work if the wind dint turn on ya...o_O

I like the 03 (or FAL) with the reloading supplies, would last me my lifetime. I had an 03 and sold it dammit. Great for living in the woods. The FAL is great in more.. dicey areas. Either would be useful choices.

Either my Fostech ECHO 9 or my CMMG BANSHEE 10mm. I love my BANSHEE and everything 10mm, but I realize the limitations of 10mm supply, So I'd probably choose the Echo with its Binary trigger and 30 rnd Glock like sticks.

Last Edited:
I realize this post is very late to the party, but we had three members who wanted to see the .358 Sierra Stomper. It's the one on the right. The name came from a member on another forum who wrote that the round would have plenty of "stomp" by propelling a 250-grain bullet to 2715 fps, yielding 4092 pounds-feet of muzzle energy...

358-Sie-Sto - Copy.JPG three-mildcats.JPG

The forming sequence for the Stomper. Such a heartbreaker that Hornady seems to no longer manufacture the .375 Ruger Basic brass. I suppose I could buy factory-loaded ammo, capture the powder and figger-out how to reload with that powder-- which is probably proprietary.

sizin-steps per il Stomper du Sierra.JPG

My mossberg 590 with 3 different barrels does everything you need it to do minus conceal carry. 20" rifled barrel allows you to hunt deer, elk and other game. 24" smooth bore with chokes for bird,16.5 for home defense . What more could you ask for?

00DF9C82-51B8-468C-80A3-AABF0EF37960.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top