JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An AR-type, an M1911 and a Remington TAC-14 with the extended magazine. Why? Because each is designed for self-protection from close-in, and out to several hundred yards...

Remington TAC-14 with detachable magazine. Guaranteed to make those who abhor Individual American Liberty fill their BVDs...

Tac-14 DM.JPG

Probably ought to have a shotgun, a pistol and a rifle. But I'm not going to waste a choice on a shotgun, though I believe it to be a great home defense weapon and I no longer bird hunt. Gotta have a single action revolver, a Ruger most likely and a Blackhawk at that. I have the convertible model that has the 9mm cylinder. So you can do 9, 38 and 357. A Sig in 40, very lethal and reliable. And a new Nosler in 28 Nosler.

As a newbie to all of this, I love that you all have stated what guns you'd like, but can you let me in on the why...the wisdom of your choices?

Thank you.
My three, not in order of importance:
Glock 19
AR 15
Ruger 10/22

Glock 19 due to the easy manual of arms and the sheer number of them. (Easy to get parts & Accessories)
Ruger 10/22 for largely the same reason and cheap to shoot & light to pack
AR15 same as above, also easy to repair, clean and ample ammo available

Ruger Mark IV

Love the feel of the 1911 and the power of the .45 for self defense. The Mark IV is a great design and very well suited for Steel Challenge Matches in the Rimfire divisions.

I love the 870 for wing shooting and for trap.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top