JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So is the 1300 fps Hook is talking about pistol or carbine muzzle velocity?

Beretta 92F, 4.9 inch barrel-------------------------------1304 fps

http://www.gunblast.com/ThureonPistol.htm

reviewed this carbine. Using Buffalo Bore 115 grain they got 1555 fps out of the carbine. Buffalo Bore shows Browning Hi Power MK111, 4.6 inch barrel---------1426 fps.

The carbine longer barrel will yield greater velocity at 1555 fps the drop will only be about 48 inches at 200 yards. The Browning gives about 54 inches at 200 yards. I doubt I could shoot either to where I could recognize the 6 inch difference in the two.

Add a little wind and it is all over!! I want this for home defense and close range, within 50 yards. Plus, I just want one... Is that wrong? ;)

If you are on a budget. I built this 9mm carbine for under $400.00. A Standard AR Genisis CNC 80% receiver, a complete dedicated 9mm upper with BCG. Mag well conversion to accept Uzi style stick mags. I had a LPK and some other parts laying around to finish it off. Test fired and functions like it should.

<broken image removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are on a budget. I built this 9mm carbine for under $400.00. A Standard AR Genisis CNC 80% receiver, a complete dedicated 9mm upper with BCG. Mag well conversion to accept Uzi style stick mags. I had a LPK and some other parts laying around to finish it off. Test fired and functions like it should.

<broken image removed>

Under $400? That's impressive! I've been thinking about a 9mm AR build.

Last Edited:
I have my Hipoint 995 TS cheap 9mm gun, decent build and accurate....plus any 9mm ammo works....no FTF, all for way under 300.00. Plus there is a lifetime guarantee on the gun no matter who owns it....if you find one that is beat up, send it back and they will fix/replace it for free

Two things - the original website for the carbine showed at the beginning of this thread is gone, wonder if they went under.
Second, tpsfoto, have you seen the protoype bullpup stck for your Hi Point carbine?

After seeing this I might get one. :)

Last, my 9mm Scorpion fits a lot of niches for me, but I have never tried to hit a steel target at over 200 yards, either!

I have my Hipoint 995 TS cheap 9mm gun, decent build and accurate....plus any 9mm ammo works....no FTF, all for way under 300.00. Plus there is a lifetime guarantee on the gun no matter who owns it....if you find one that is beat up, send it back and they will fix/replace it for free

You just can't beat that. I need to pick one up.

Two things - the original website for the carbine showed at the beginning of this thread is gone, wonder if they went under.
Second, tpsfoto, have you seen the protoype bullpup stck for your Hi Point carbine?

After seeing this I might get one. :)

Last, my 9mm Scorpion fits a lot of niches for me, but I have never tried to hit a steel target at over 200 yards, either!

That's unfortunate, I wonder if they did go under.

So, I've got a pet project, it's not funded yet, but I'm doing the design at the moment anyways.

Pretty much what I want is something in the form factor of a CMR-30, but shoots 9mm and takes glock mags. I really like the look of the ST Kinetics CPW, and kinda between the two (CMR-30) and the CPW is where I'm going with design. One of the other things is I'm not doing a conventional blowback, instead it's going to use a lever delayed blowback system. And it's going to use a non-reciprocating charging handle, but it will have a forward assist similar to the Walther MP.

It's going to be a somewhat unconventional striker fired design, as the striker is recocked by the lever delay system, and it's 100" pre-charged, not like the glock where there's some take-up.

I'm going to try doing some prototypes with a 3d printed lower, and a box-break upper (think AK). I would like to use aluminum extrusion for the upper, with a steel receiver (the aluminum would only be the housing) and the lower is literally just a grip frame. (kinda like the Sig M320). I've long wanted a compact, light 9mm carbine. The hi-point comes close, but I just have a deep aversion to them. I'm sure if I did a complete plastic version I could keep the weight <4lbs in a sub-gun version, and probably <5 in a NFA compliant version.

Right now I'm still playing with receiver geometry. When I get a little further along I'll post screens.

So, I've got a pet project, it's not funded yet, but I'm doing the design at the moment anyways.

Pretty much what I want is something in the form factor of a CMR-30, but shoots 9mm and takes glock mags. I really like the look of the ST Kinetics CPW, and kinda between the two (CMR-30) and the CPW is where I'm going with design. One of the other things is I'm not doing a conventional blowback, instead it's going to use a lever delayed blowback system. And it's going to use a non-reciprocating charging handle, but it will have a forward assist similar to the Walther MP.

It's going to be a somewhat unconventional striker fired design, as the striker is recocked by the lever delay system, and it's 100" pre-charged, not like the glock where there's some take-up.

I'm going to try doing some prototypes with a 3d printed lower, and a box-break upper (think AK). I would like to use aluminum extrusion for the upper, with a steel receiver (the aluminum would only be the housing) and the lower is literally just a grip frame. (kinda like the Sig M320). I've long wanted a compact, light 9mm carbine. The hi-point comes close, but I just have a deep aversion to them. I'm sure if I did a complete plastic version I could keep the weight <4lbs in a sub-gun version, and probably <5 in a NFA compliant version.

Right now I'm still playing with receiver geometry. When I get a little further along I'll post screens.

Though I only understood about half of those words that sounds awesome :D

<broken image removed>
Can't beat it at that price. My first one wasn't even close. Trying to keep my second much lower but don't think i'll hit it. Although for me, glock mags are a must.

Ok, I like, rdb241's build, especially the price, but I also like the Glock mags thing!
rdb241, did you have to modify your AR to accept the USI stick mag? Or, did the lower come that way?

What kind of money would it cost to get/build a carbine that accepted Glock mags?

Last edited by a moderator:
He used a mag well conversion. It fits in a standard AR lower mag well and is used to hold the Colt/Uzi mags.

Do a search on the web for ar 9mm parts, etc. lots of company's offering dedicated Glock lowers as well as dedicated Colt style lowers. Using the above mentioned mag well conversion is obviously a option too.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top