JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I drive a Class 8 truck a great deal in Kalifonia-- mostly Southern Kalifonia. I have come to the conclusion that passing over double yellow lines is entirely legal if you believe your hurry is big enough. What would constitute a "big hurry?" Getting to Starbucks three seconds sooner, I guess. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I saw three head-on collisions that almost happened. The vehicle passing me-- chugging along at 58 mph-- got back into his lane with just a split-second remaining before he would have plowed into the oncoming car. Had that happened, had one of the involved vehicles come into any contact with my truck and had there been a fatality in the collision, I'd have a fatal accident on my record and my career would be over. Just having a tangential involvement in a fatality will make insurance companies nix you when you apply for a job at Joey Baggadonuts Trucking. There was a security guard at my FedEx Ground terminal who had some alpha-hotel come flying down a slight grade, run the red light and go under the driver's truck, which was making a legal left turn on a green light. The high-speed fool was killed, and now Dan is a security guard instead of a trucker because no company will hire a driver with a fatality on his record. I risk this every time I take to the highways. I mitigate the possibility by slowing down, using my turn signals, coming to a halt for several seconds at a stopsign way the helsinki out in the desert, maintaining an intelligent following distance and slowing down. I mention that twice because it cannot be said enough. I retire in June 2024. Lord, may I make it to that date with my sanity intact...

Yes, been there done that, drove big truck and motorcoach, and in the last years of driving, schoolbus. The things you see and encounter daily. My conclusion, most people are just to stupid to operate anything above a tricycle.

My conclusion, most people are just too stupid to operate anything above a tricycle.
And they're the ones who badmouth truckers and the drivers of other large vehicles for "hogging a lane" or driving too slowly. They're the same ones who need to get to Starbucks three seconds sooner...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top