JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me guess, you were taking all your firearms for a lazy boat ride when suddenly you were capsized by a liberal wanting to protest your right to bear arms.
A moment of silence for all the unaccountable firearms we have "lost" to similar tragedies...

All of mine were taken by aliens from Outer Space who wanted to get their hands on the latest in self-defense tools. They looked like such idiots looking down the barrel of my .454 Casull revolver-- like The Three Stooges fooling with a gun. Or Alec Baldwin...

My problem is that I enjoy making homemade beer and enjoy drinking it even more so. More accurately, my problem is that I don't have the time to make homemade beer. Getting the dry ingredients from the kettle to the bottle requires I be at home at certain times to husband-along the process. Loading the ammo for my favorite smoke wagons and having it ready to head out the door on a good day for shootin' is so much easier.

Last Edited:
My problem is that I enjoy making homemade beer and enjoy drinking it even more so. More accurately, my problem is that I don't have the time to make homemade beer. Getting the dry ingredients from the kettle to the bottle requires I be at home at certain times to husband-along the process. Loading the ammo for my favorite smoke wagons and having it ready to head out the door on a good day for shootin' is so much easier.
I tried brewing for a few batches but no matter how hard I tried to make something special, I could always find better beer on tap or on the shelf Not to mention quicker! ;)
I guess I never had "passion" for brewing. I am very thankful there are others who have answered the call.

Now that the meeting is in session, Hi I'm Whisky Tahoe (Foxtrot) and I'm an addict.

Early on Gun Broker enabled me to find the hard to find. When a deal presented itself, I had trouble passing it up
Like the day someone listed a SW52 with optics and grips and I had the winning bid at $475. I think the auction flew under radar to my benefit.
Well a cool SemiAuto like the 52 needs special ammo and that got me reloading for it. Now outside of 9mm, it is cheaper to reload just about everything.

Gun.deals has surpassed Gunbroker.com as my go to. It is an easy way to find who has the best price.
Gunbroker has more "classic' firearms. I am confident that you can feed your addictions at either site.

Let's agree this condition is "untreatable" for now :)

I tried brewing for a few batches but no matter how hard I tried to make something special, I could always find better beer on tap or on the shelf. Not to mention quicker! I guess I never had "passion" for brewing. I am very thankful there are others who have answered the call.
Did you start-out with extract kits, or did you broadjump the Grand Canyon with all-grain right from the get-go? I do nothing but extract brewing; the time and effort to do all-grain is far too involved for me. I'll do pre-hopped extract kits, or will add my own hop selections to unhopped extract to get a flavor that's more this way or less that way when compared to a mass-produced beer. I like Pale Ales (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) and double Pale Ales (Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra). I like Fat Tire Amber Ale. I like Deschutes Black Butte Porter. I've hung it up at FedEx Ground so I can get a local job and have more time at home-- during which I'll be making and tending to my homebrew.

Did you start-out with extract kits, or did you broadjump the Grand Canyon with all-grain right from the get-go? I do nothing but extract brewing; the time and effort to do all-grain is far too involved for me. I'll do pre-hopped extract kits, or will add my own hop selections to unhopped extract to get a flavor that's more this way or less that way when compared to a mass-produced beer. I like Pale Ales (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) and double Pale Ales (Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra). I like Fat Tire Amber Ale. I like Deschutes Black Butte Porter. I've hung it up at FedEx Ground so I can get a local job and have more time at home-- during which I'll be making and tending to my homebrew.
From memory which is fading I boiled hops and used extracts. Got banned from the house after the house smelled like moldy sails for days from the hops. Ended up with a nice double burner propane stove useful for crab boils etc. Congrats on sticking with it. Yesterday I shot my Savage 6BR at 600 yds to check out the new to me barrel. OK not great 198 7X. Also tried zeroing the M1A but need to go back and redo the mount. I have 6-7in of windage I need to correct. I did enjoy a pair of fine IPAs from G-man Brewing after :)

M21 at the range.jpg

From memory, which is fading, I boiled hops and used extracts. . .
You were at the "next step up" for many homebrewers. We start with pre-hopped extracts, add our water and yeast, then bottle at around fourteen days later. The next step is to use unhopped extracts, add our own choice for hops, boil for an hour to isomerize the flavor of the hops into the wort, ferment the soup and bottle just short of three weeks later. That's where I am and that's where I'll stay. If conditions are kept sanitary, there's no reason an extract beer can't be as good as an all-grain campaign. I've made some that has the last bottle (about two months after the first) being so smooth and tasty that it's hard to believe what I just drank is the same stuff from sixty days ago. Commercial beer doesn't get better the longer it sets because there is no yeast in it; it's filtered out. Homebrew does get better because there are still bazillions of yeast cells in it, which cause it to slowly and gently mature over the weeks it will take to drink five or six gallons of it in twelve-ounce bottles.

This a forum about guns, isn't it? Looks like I've strayed from the straight and noble path...

You were at the "next step up" for many homebrewers. We start with pre-hopped extracts, add our water and yeast, then bottle at around fourteen days later. The next step is to use unhopped extracts, add our own choice for hops, boil for an hour to isomerize the flavor of the hops into the wort, ferment the soup and bottle just short of three weeks later. That's where I am and that's where I'll stay. If conditions are kept sanitary, there's no reason an extract beer can't be as good as an all-grain campaign. I've made some that has the last bottle (about two months after the first) being so smooth and tasty that it's hard to believe what I just drank is the same stuff from sixty days ago. Commercial beer doesn't get better the longer it sets because there is no yeast in it; it's filtered out. Homebrew does get better because there are still bazillions of yeast cells in it, which cause it to slowly and gently mature over the weeks it will take to drink five or six gallons of it in twelve-ounce bottles.

This a forum about guns, isn't it? Looks like I've strayed from the straight and noble path...
:s0128: There's a smiley for that :)

No one says you can start a Beer Brewing thread followed by a Beer Tasting thread or for me it would be a Cigar Thread even though I'm slowly quitting...

Oh and Midway shipped me my next batch of 22LR Benchrest ammo. I'm trying to cut back on Eley and move over to Center-X. Testing will commence soon. Oh I can't wait to see the credit card bill for this month. Yikes....

Midway shipped me my next batch of 22LR Benchrest ammo. . .
I have a Ruger 10/22 for which the original owner paid about $1000 to put Volquartsen parts in it, a super-coolio ambidextrous stock and a carbon-fiber barrel. In my bleary-eyed opinion, .22LR ammo is so inconsistent that it's a waste to buy it and frustrating to try to get any accuracy out of it. I have a ton of ammo for it, but haven't fired it for several years. If I was one to sell my guns, I'd have probably sold it by now. But given the hatred for Individual Liberty in my White House these days, I'll just keep it-- along with anything else I might have.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top