JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus TCP...never chambered a round without riding the slide. Taurus sent it back with no work done at all, and tagged it as 'issue resolved'. I never fired it once. Sold it to a co-worker for $200 and now he doesn't like me.

You hear a lot of bad things about Taurus but its incredible to me that they couldn't even get right what is essentially a copy. I own both a Keltec P3AT and an LCP II.

No, Joe, the CZ-100 bad trigger is legendary, same classification as the HK vP70z, just rancid horrifying, and designed that way the original end user, a European country who wanted them as police pistols, as the story goes, but backed out of the deal. The pistol had a number of very interesting features, but the DAO trigger was so bad nothing could help it. The same company went on to make the smooth as melted butter DAo of the shirt lived Colt Z-40. THAT DAO was, well, like Colonel Potter said about good scotch, "There's not enough 'o's in smoooooth to describe this one!"
There was an even shorter lived CZ110, which was the same gun with a far more conventional DA/SA trigger, but it never made it in the US.

Wanna know the worst junker that was supposed to be the best? I had an UZI Model B I bought in California, (yes, in cali), and brought back to AZ when I left the service. It would not fire a full magazine without a jam. Ever. But when the 94 ban went into effect I traded it to a collector for several guns and a LOT of ammo.

That's too bad that it's inherent to the design :(

My stupid buy was a Savage .30-06. Some idiot had shot the gun with a low powder cartridge and the bullet never left the barrel and he never bothered to tell me. Shot it and the threading on the front of the barrel peeled like a banana. Sold it to a gunsmith.

Wow. I'll be honest, I've been lax about cleaning/inspecting used guns I buy before I shoot them. This story just changed that!

You hear a lot of bad things about Taurus but its incredible to me that they couldn't even get right what is essentially a copy. I own both a Keltec P3AT and an LCP II.

That's too bad that it's inherent to the design :(

Wow. I'll be honest, I've been lax about cleaning/inspecting used guns I buy before I shoot them. This story just changed that!
Yeah. I always inspect the gun thoroughly before I purchase it. I bought it for $200 and I thought it was a little cheap because it was a $700 brand new gun but thought little of it.

Everytime I see a $700 gun listed for $200 - it usually includes a description like "shiny" or "heavy" because the guy that's trying to sell it doesn't know what he stole....I'm sure the LEOs watch for ads like that too.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top