JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They all beat eating beetles and grubs!! :confused:

Deer Pâté, Duck Confit, liver-sausage spread, Szechuan chicken noodles...

Maybe if you could select from all of them you could put together a pretty good feats!! :D

Personally, I could live on Crackers, Sardines and a little mustard, coffee and a good strong toothpick!
A ginger snap or too would be a nice finally.

Personally, I could live on Crackers, Sardines and a little mustard, coffee and a good strong toothpick!
A ginger snap or too would be a nice finally.

Which kind of sardines do you prefer? I've literally never had them.

Tiny ones, I'm not fond of chewing on the big bones of the large ones, packed in olive oil or mustard oil. if the can doesn't say tiny, or give a count of 10 or more. I won't buy them. small are hard to find but Winco of all places has them. I think these are the best and are lightly smoked. IMGP0262.JPG
A couple of these, some hardtack or crackers, sharp cheese, mustard, bag of granola, bota bag of lemon water is all the energy you need for a couple day hike albeit it is nice to forage some greens and a critter or fish in which case some butter is helpful.

How long do you think you could enjoy this repast ?
A steady diet of anything would spur my creative juices into finding alternatives. Maybe even have me looking at your dog real close stewed up with some cattail root and wild onion. To sort of answer your question; At least a week or two. I Had my fill of Government cuisine (MRI) so longer than I could eat that stuff. At one point, the best part of the MRI was the Lucky Strikes.

Tiny ones, I'm not fond of chewing on the big bones of the large ones, packed in olive oil or mustard oil. if the can doesn't say tiny, or give a count of 10 or more. I won't buy them. small are hard to find but Winco of all places has them. I think these are the best and are lightly smoked. View attachment 295
A couple of these, some hardtack or crackers, sharp cheese, mustard, bag of granola, bota bag of lemon water is all the energy you need for a couple day hike albeit it is nice to forage some greens and a critter or fish in which case some butter is helpful.

I'll pick some of those up next time I'm there :)

Lots of people eat the large ones bones and all. Flavor / taste wise there the same. Dad didn't seem to have a problem with the bones of the big ones. When he would buy them he would good naturedly chide me because I would fork them open and remove the bones where as the tiny ones I eat whole.
Bon appetite

Wow! No offense Joe, but you don't get out much do you? :D

I have a lot of sardines in the storage room. I have both but prefer the packed in mustard. Can not take the packed in catsup! o_O Ugh!!!
I also have a goodly supply of smoked oysters, my favorite, and kippered snacks. A kind of lightly smoked herring fillets.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top