JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just thought I would put this out there for discussion. Right after Newtown high capacity magazines disappeared from dealers shelves all over the country, as people rushed in a mad flurry to grab them up before a potential "ban", real or imaginary, could become law.

Now that all of Hussein's attempts at gun control have failed, people, (shooters & gun owners), are once again falling into a false sense of security. High capacity magazines are becoming available once again at very good prices and quantities. It seems gun owners have once again become complacent.
This in spite of the fact gun owners in Connecticut, New York, Colorado, and many counties of other states have all but forever lost their right to purchase these magazines, and some like New York, have or soon will, lose the right to even own them.

People quickly forget just how fast the political climate can change in a state. Colorado is a perfect example. Arizona another, but in the opposite direction. Go back just a few years and Arizona was faced with Janet Napolitano as governor. She was rabidly anti gun. She was installing traffic cameras everywhere throughout the state. And wanted to install thousands more. She was quickly turning out to be Arizona's worst nightmare.

Then after Hussein was elected in 2008, he summoned her to head up the Department Of Homeland Security, and in a flash she was gone....Thank God. We now have Jan Brewer who is a tremendous supporter of the Second Amendment. She removed all of the speed cameras from our roads, and bolstered the Second Amendment even further by signing the right to carry, either concealed or open, without a permit.

Our change was for the better. However Colorado went the other way. They were once the bastion of guns, hunting, and freedom that accompanied all of it. But in came the liberals, along with their convoluted way of thinking, and now Colorado has some of the worst gun control laws in the country. The exact opposite of Arizona.

The point being is don't get too comfortable with your states laws and government that currently exists. Because it can change for the worse much faster than you think. Especially when border states like Texas and Arizona have such a large influx of minorities in the form of illegal invaders moving in on a never ending basis. Most all of them will vote Democratic. That can change the political climate quicker than one could imagine. And it won't be for the better.

Based on that I'm surprised high capacity magazines are still not flying off the shelves faster than they are. The right to buy this type of magazines could be in far more jeopardy then one might think.

Good post. I picked up a dozen 30-round AR magazines last summer because I felt like it would be a good idea at the time, although I had no specific reason to do so. I think I'll work on picking up some BX-25's and some 33-round Glock 9mm magazines for my MechTech as well. Might as well get 'em while I can!

It's a scary thing to think about. Even here in CA, where it seems to be as bad as possible, we have some truly draconian laws coming that more than half of gun owners in my state aren't even aware of.

Example: we had a de facto freeze on new applicants to the "Handgun Safety Roster" extortion scam earlier this year, which means no new semi-auto pistols can be put on the roster (though they can be removed, and can't get on again) and sold in CA. 99% of people have no idea it happened. They will soon though, as new models appear everywhere but CA and gun owners start asking why.

The unfortunate fact is that most people, even gun owners who should know better, don't keep up on the bills working their way toward becoming law. When the law is announced people act like it is a sudden thing. If they had been paying attention they might have headed it off, or at least prepared for it.

My family is moving to OR once they get some things in order, and I hope to go to college up there once I finish community college. The stuff in this state is getting difficult to deal with, especially after I took a trip through Oregon on the way to see a friend at Whidbey Island, WA. The cash-and-carry long gun laws are just so foreign to me, it was wonderful to see.

And that Cabela's in Eugene...:)

My family is moving to OR once they get some things in order, and I hope to go to college up there once I finish community college. The stuff in this state is getting difficult to deal with, especially after I took a trip through Oregon on the way to see a friend at Whidbey Island, WA. The cash-and-carry long gun laws are just so foreign to me, it was wonderful to see.

Uh, I... sigh... Look, I'm sure you're a nice guy and you mean well and all, but as a native Oregonian I can't condone anyone migrating to Oregon from California.

So you're moving all the way to Washington then? :rolleyes:

Sorry Modeler. I am more persistent than that.

But I promise to fight hard for gun rights and personal freedom when I get to Oregon, just as I have here. Although you may want to hide the native women:p.

Transplant myself, but born in Oregon. Sad to see what Oregonians allowed to happen from the time I was a Freshman at Sunset high school to the time I retired and moved back north from California in 2005.

Keep up the good fight all, no matter where you are from. Here, we are all brothers.

They are building one in Tualatin also.
Please leave all leftist politics down there when you come.
We need conservatives here to offset Portland, Eugene and Bend leftists. We do have idiots up here too.

I was born in Omak Washington almost 65 years ago , moved to Oregon when I was five. I claim both states as mine.........live with it.

Uh, I... sigh... Look, I'm sure you're a nice guy and you mean well and all, but as a native Oregonian I can't condone anyone migrating to Oregon from California.

So you're moving all the way to Washington then? :rolleyes:

As our saying goes, "Don't Californicate Oregon!" We're just ribbin' you a little, but if your family contains any liberals leave them tied and gagged at the border!!!

As our saying goes, "Don't Californicate Oregon!"

It seems everywhere Californians go this happens. They've polluted Prescott, Arizona. It used to be a beautiful, sleepy, little town until white flight from California overran it. With it comes that left coast mentality. They want to make it "just like" California. Then why the hell did they leave?

Precisely! "Thank the mystic spirit we are out of that hellhole!" "Now let's all hold hands and make this (insert any normal place) a happy liberal paradise too!"

I lived in Sacramento, and went to as many senate hearings as possible, it was as if the legislators minds were made up. A lot of blank stares.

I dont think they have the capicity for that much. It is time for the reconstruction of the Berlin Wall along the Kalifornicatia border.
Gun towers and all. There is a serious mental disease there to contain.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top