JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have tried to get an Appleseed down here, but it was a losing battle, and with my work schedule, impossible to attend one anywhere else. Oh well. I had Appleseed organizers screaming at me to come to a meet with my old vz-58 rifle - never made it. I do like using the targets!

<broken image removed>

Wow I'm shocked they don't have any down that way. That's really too bad as it's a fantastic organization. When was it that you tried to get them to put something together?

Last Edited:
Yes I did, was coordinating with Appleseed to try to reserve our range, discovered the method for doing that was a huge pain in the rear, and I didn't have enough people interested to make it worthwhile. Too far to travel anywhere else, so I'm stuck. Oh well.

Yes I did, was coordinating with Appleseed to try to reserve our range, discovered the method for doing that was a huge pain in the rear, and I didn't have enough people interested to make it worthwhile. Too far to travel anywhere else, so I'm stuck. Oh well.

Well maybe we can change that once we get more people here :)

I need to get my poop in a group and get out and shoot more. Last time I had a day off, I was like "hmm... go shooting, or sleep in" I chose sleep in.

Anyways, I shoot a fair amount, but I don't shoot a lot. That is, I go shooting frequently, but I don't shoot a lot of rounds. Cooking off 20-40 rounds of .308, and doing all the leg work with the DOPE book really slows down the pace, and with the way I've been doing things lets me get more out of shooting. I feel like it's time better spent.

A lot of my targets and stuff are still back in LA, I should probably just get out and fab up some new stands.

Generally my stuff is long range shooting. I do some up close stuff with the pistol and occasionally some run n gun, but for me the real enjoyment is in being outside in nature, and being able to split the difference between going for a hike, and going to the range. The last big outdoor shoot I did, I think I was walking 5-10 miles per day, and I shot less than 100 rounds of rifle ammo.

Riflepic Cropped 2.jpg 102_0222 - Copy.JPG 102_0206.JPG

Well, Usually, I shoot daily, at least 100 10mm auto ( full pop, not cheap stuff) and at least 100 rounds of 5.56 DAILY
.7.62X51 can vary greatly, but it's usually 40 to 60 rounds per day, and .30/06 is around 40 rounds per day!
.300 Win mag is 40 to 60 rounds per week, and .338 L.M. is between 40 and 80 rounds per week!
Nice having my own range with just beyond 2 miles to shoot!

All that changed when I relocated back to the PNW and with family duties and such, shooting has really slowed, last time out with the boys was 30 rounds of 7.62X51 TOTAL! :eek:

Need to get back in the saddle, the ammo keeps piling up and with out the bullet hose running daily, i'm going to be swamped in ammo!

Last Edited:
Well, Usually, I shoot daily, at least 100 10mm auto ( full pop, not cheap stuff) and at least 100 rounds of 5.56 DAILY
.7.62X51 can vary greatly, but it's usually 40 to 60 rounds per day, and .30/06 is around 40 rounds per day!
.300 Win mag is 40 to 60 rounds per week, and .338 L.M. is between 40 and 80 rounds per week!
Nice having my own range with just beyond 2 miles to shoot!

All that changed when I relocated back to the PNW and with family duties and such, shooting has really slowed, last time out with the boys was 30 rounds of 7.62X51 TOTAL! :eek:

Need to get back in the saddle, the ammo keeps piling up and with out the bullet hose running daily, i'm going to be swamped in ammo!

How much of this was fired in anger?

Wow! I guess that's Nevada, somewhere north of Las Vegas. More than likely BLM land? Open land like this is why I moved to the Reno & Sparks area from Northern Virginia. Just look at that! Some guy in New Jersey with an AR secreted in his house is looking at that and wanting to die. We live so close to it, we rarely ever think about going out there and blasting-off several hundred rounds...

Wow! I guess that's Nevada, somewhere north of Las Vegas. More than likely BLM land? Open land like this is why I moved to the Reno & Sparks area from Northern Virginia. Just look at that!
The below is less than ten miles from my home. BLM land. No hassles from anyone to get out on it and let the lead fly. That's my F250 with a custom top on it, built just for shooting. Cost me $2250 on sale, and I'm so proud of it. Great shade from a scorching sun. Has a lefthanded bench inside, along with many accoutrements for shootin' in the desert...

about 10 miles from my home.JPG shooting-truck-and-bench-600pix.JPG

Wow! I guess that's Nevada, somewhere north of Las Vegas. More than likely BLM land? Open land like this is why I moved to the Reno & Sparks area from Northern Virginia. Just look at that! Some guy in New Jersey with an AR secreted in his house is looking at that and wanting to die. We live so close to it, we rarely ever think about going out there and blasting-off several hundred rounds...

Oddly enough, that's my secret little shooting hole in CA, it's not too far from NV though. A few years ago we went from shooting a modified three-gun style match over to a 2-gun pistol/PRS match because of the new insanity with CA AW laws. I still wanted to take my friends out to shoot, but I would have never forgiven myself if someone got pulled over and popped with a felony on the way to or from one of my shoots, so I changed the style of what we shot.

I am very big on practical marksmanship skills, hasty shooting positions, and building the understanding of how to use topology to ones advantage. In a lot of ways, it combines hunting skills with cardio, and puts on enough pressure and offers the expectation of guaranteeing a chance to shoot something, even if it is a steel target. And there is a reward at the end.

The below is less than ten miles from my home. BLM land. No hassles from anyone to get out on it and let the lead fly. That's my F250 with a custom top on it, built just for shooting. Cost me $2250 on sale, and I'm so proud of it. Great shade from a scorching sun. Has a lefthanded bench inside, along with many accoutrements for shootin' in the desert...

View attachment 6926
My name is Neil I own the Trading Post in Stagecoach NV. if you can call Please 775-629-9444 Nev Revised Statutes 503.165 loaded firearm in vehicle prohibited standing or driving on public lands or roads

So you're telling me I cannot shoot from my stationary truck (engine off & vehicle stabilized on scissor jacks) on BLM land? Sounds like such an asinine law was written to keep poachers from shooting game animals out-of-season and then just leaving behind the carcass. My "game animals" are paper targets. I doubt there is much value in shooting one and then trying to sell the hide...

I'm not saying you're wrong in what you've posted-up, here. I'm saying some dingbat in Carson City doesn't know dogsqueeze about target shooting in the desert...

BLM land in Arizona can be hunted on if you have a permit. But get caught sighting in your weapon on that land you are looking at a big fine and maybe the loss of the firearm. BLM land in many places is checker boarded parcels and used to keep other land from being used. If I didn't know better I would think our governor was anti gun. Between BLM land and a small National Guard base nearly a whole mountain range west of Phoenix has been shut down. There was only two places left on the range until law enforcement on a mad shooting spree killed a woman with a stray bullet, but that stuff happens when you have a large group of shooters shooting with no backstop into a wash. I was up on a hill shooting at that hill as other shooters shot at their hill and watched in amazement most of the day these idiots at the bottom of that hill. On the way out cops had the road blocked but let me pass. The next weekend there were cops and signs 'NO SHOOTING'.

Found another spot on the west side. I like it. There must be another Million Dollar Patriot that shoots out there. I spend more time picking up re-loadable, once fired brass off the ground than I do shooting. Today I got about 100 9 mm and 300 .223. Last week 600 9 mm. If this keeps up I will never have to buy brass again.

Last Edited:
Found another spot on the west side. I like it. There must be another Million Dollar Patriot that shoots out there. I spend more time picking up re-loadable, once fired brass off the ground than I do shooting. Today I got about 100 9 mm and 300 .223. Last week 600 9 mm. If this keeps up I will never have to buy brass again.

I really wish people would pack out what they pack in. I don't care if its trash or spent brass. That is one way to get everything shut down quick. People are stupid!!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top