JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That'd really increase their utility. Sure wish they'd take Glock mags :(

One more reason you might want one - a company is about to release a new bullpup stock for the Hi-Point carbine. They are even looking into the possibility that they can make the new stock work with a double stack magazine, feeding into the stock receiver. If they can pull that off, it would be an easy sell to a lot of carbine owners:

"Inexpensive" and "cheap" aren't necessarily the same thing. Fact is, I've seen my share of 'expensive' guns suffer problems. Kimbers come to mind, amoung others. For me, I want to carry what I trust to work, every time. It's a bonus if that can happen at half the price of more expensive guns. Just seems to me, in the gun world, more $$ doesn't always guarantee more reliability.

My daily carry is just under $500. Close to 2,000 rounds so far, not a single failure of any kind. Taken it through 2 defensive handgun courses without a hitch. I trust my life to it. That said, as Joe mentioned, I wouldn't have heartache over surrendering it after a shoot.
exactly my thoughts. id rather carry a sub $500 glock and surrender it in the event of a DGU situation than loose my +$2000 gun until im allowed to have it back.

...and to answer the original question, I took two to the range today, my CZ P-09 and this baby, to do final testing on the Manticore 32 round magazine, which has now officially replaced the OEM magazine for front line duty. ;)

<broken image removed>

Yes, the little tag is annoyingly dumb...but for some reason it stuck in my head with those red and blue powdercoated bullets in a white clear magazine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One more reason you might want one - a company is about to release a new bullpup stock for the Hi-Point carbine. They are even looking into the possibility that they can make the new stock work with a double stack magazine, feeding into the stock receiver. If they can pull that off, it would be an easy sell to a lot of carbine owners:

Wow! If they're reasonably priced and actually work I think I really need to pick one up. Any idea what they'll be pricing them at?

...and to answer the original question, I took two to the range today, my CZ P-09 and this baby, to do final testing on the Manticore 32 round magazine, which has now officially replaced the OEM magazine for front line duty. ;)

Yes, the little tag is annoyingly dumb...but for some reason it stuck in my head with those red and blue powdercoated bullets in a white clear magazine. :)

I've wanted one of these for a very long time. Now that I'm seeing the pistol versions for ~$660 I think I ought to post some stuff for sale and make it happen.

Last Edited:
OK, off topic here, Jennings, raven, Rohm are not known for reliability but people seem to come out of the wood work to bash High Point.
It is like jumping on that wagon gives you gun creds. Lots of bad rap online with at least some of the scary blown up gun pictures caused by improper factory and reload ammo or squibs.
Everybody can find lots of bad press even on Kimber, Remington, S & W but people seem to explode when Hi point is mentioned.
I have a hundred dollar 9mm highpoint (before transfer fees) that I've put 3 or 400 rounds through and hasn't blown up yet or melted the plastic. While I don't carry it as its prone to stove pipe it is comfortable as a back up truck gun without concern for its loss due to its low cost if its relieved of my possession.
I seem to have a knack for owning denigrated firearms; I have a S & W 25-5 that some claim cant shoot worth crap yet mine will drive tacks if you can, A Rohm 38 special revolver that likely is pot metal yet it is pushing 50 years old with countless rounds through it and still locks up (sort of, but good enough),
A keltek 22 mag that never produced a FTF or stove pipe once I found its happy ammo.
I just find it perplexing that of all the suspect products Hi point seems to be the favorite whipping boy.
Would I carry it? Yes if it was all I could get or afford,understanding its limits, and while I was saving up for Mr. Reliable.
At least the proliferation of bad press keeps them affordable for those in need.

I figure a half hour for each gun whether it be rifle or pistol. So I have planned accordingly to how much time I can spend at the range. I'm not lucky enough to have a range within a half hour from where I live. And I still have the house husband things to do, as sad as it may seem.
But the last time I went out I shot two tavors a Sig mpx and some Smith & Wesson pistols.
Tommy

OK, off topic here, Jennings, raven, Rohm are not known for reliability but people seem to come out of the wood work to bash High Point.
It is like jumping on that wagon gives you gun creds. Lots of bad rap online with at least some of the scary blown up gun pictures caused by improper factory and reload ammo or squibs.
Everybody can find lots of bad press even on Kimber, Remington, S & W but people seem to explode when Hi point is mentioned.
I have a hundred dollar 9mm highpoint (before transfer fees) that I've put 3 or 400 rounds through and hasn't blown up yet or melted the plastic. While I don't carry it as its prone to stove pipe it is comfortable as a back up truck gun without concern for its loss due to its low cost if its relieved of my possession.
I seem to have a knack for owning denigrated firearms; I have a S & W 25-5 that some claim cant shoot worth crap yet mine will drive tacks if you can, A Rohm 38 special revolver that likely is pot metal yet it is pushing 50 years old with countless rounds through it and still locks up (sort of, but good enough),
A keltek 22 mag that never produced a FTF or stove pipe once I found its happy ammo.
I just find it perplexing that of all the suspect products Hi point seems to be the favorite whipping boy.
Would I carry it? Yes if it was all I could get or afford,understanding its limits, and while I was saving up for Mr. Reliable.
At least the proliferation of bad press keeps them affordable for those in need.

I'm thankful we have these cheap guns available to us. A cheap gun that might not work is much better than no gun at all. Though I own one, I poke fun at hi-points as well, but not because they don't work! Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with mine for what they cost, and even more impressed that the company has an unconditional warranty at that price point. I should also mention that I love oddball guns, the cheaper the better as long as their safe.

I figure a half hour for each gun whether it be rifle or pistol. So I have planned accordingly to how much time I can spend at the range. I'm not lucky enough to have a range within a half hour from where I live. And I still have the house husband things to do, as sad as it may seem.
But the last time I went out I shot two tavors a Sig mpx and some Smith & Wesson pistols.
Tommy

That's a good rule of thumb @Tommy, half hour for each gun. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I drag out 20 guns though I only have two hours to shoot :D

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top