JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across a guy last night that it was obvious with his tight fitted shirt that he was carrying.

I've often wondered if you've elected to CC (Concealed Carry) then why not go the extra step and make sure that what you're wearing aligns with your intent.

We've all heard it..."Why OC (Open Carry) and advertise to the bad guy that I'm the first one to eliminate", then go about CC'ing in a manner that advertises that you have a gun and now you've made it harder to access with your ill fitted shirt...

I just turn off the power strip that my PC and printer are connected to. With that off, no matter which gun I am cc'ing, no wasted ink . . . nothing prints . . .

(What? He's talking about what? Oh, THAT kind of "printing . . . ?)

So, I really don't mind that kind of printing when I CC. I have found a rig that really works to my advantage. I seem to elicit a lot of positive responses, it has resulted in a definite increase in popularity, especially with a demographic that normally eschews firearms - namely the fairer sex (yes Virginia, I am a binary gender subscriber).

I also find it works equally well with both liberal and conservative observers, but one needs to give extra scrutiny to the liberal admirers to be assured the book matches the cover.

My preferred CC actually works to my advantage to "print" . . . .

Here is my setup . . . .

tube-holster.jpg

Z

I just turn off the power strip that my PC and printer are connected to. With that off, no matter which gun I am cc'ing, no wasted ink . . . nothing prints . . .

(What? He's talking about what? Oh, THAT kind of "printing . . . ?)

So, I really don't mind that kind of printing when I CC. I have found a rig that really works to my advantage. I seem to elicit a lot of positive responses, it has resulted in a definite increase in popularity, especially with a demographic that normally eschews firearms - namely the fairer sex (yes Virginia, I am a binary gender subscriber).

I also find it works equally well with both liberal and conservative observers, but one needs to give extra scrutiny to the liberal admirers to be assured the book matches the cover.

My preferred CC actually works to my advantage to "print" . . . .

Here is my setup . . . .

View attachment 5096

You carry a derringer I see................

Z

Most people don't even pay attention.
It seams that the only people that notice are the ones that go out of their way to look for it.
I don't know why it bothers people so much if someone "prints" while carrying a gun.
When I carry a gun I just put it in a holster on my belt and let my shirt hang over it.
Nobody has ever said a thing about it.

I have observed the opposite - people carrying openly very small, easily concealable, pistols or revolvers in fancy holsters on ornate belts.

Maybe they are just making a statement? No CCW permit? Or they're new owners ....................??

The worry of "printing" may be valid , depending on where you are , where you go , or where you live.
It may even , based on my experiences...may come into play depending on just what gun you are carrying.

Where I live , work and hunt ....
Is not the most gun friendly of places...and I have encountered , more than a few outspoken anti-gun people while carrying a firearm , both concealed and open carrying....So "printing" is a real concern to me.

With that said ...there is much truth to the oft repeated "Who cares , no one really pays attention to their surroundings " or
"Don't worry , folks hardly look up from their phones "...or any other variation of this....

To keep from "printing" ...I usually just wear a looser fitting shirt , untucked and use my body posture to keep from having anyone notice.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top