JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually I 'Store' ammo by having reloading resources on hand. I probably have supplies for perhaps 8-10,000 rounds. A mix of .357 magnum, .44 magnum, 30-06. I try to keep this level and have been successful to date.

I store in ammo cans, but I usually buy in bulk. I do date the cans, so when I go plinking, I take the oldest ammo out. Just FIFO.... I also reload, but cannot get the powder I use or any other power lately.

If anyone knows where to get some Winchester 231 it would be nice.....

Nope, just replacing what I shoot, there was never really any one thing that made me have plenty on hand. I've just always been of a prepaired mindset.
Now that Trump won:s0115:And Hillary's out of the foreseeable future, the shelfs are starting to fill back up and the ammo scalpers are licking there wounds.
Nobody needs their hyped up prices! LMAO.
Good time man, good times.

Ammo is sealed, by construction. I have baggies of stuff I loaded a decade ago that shoot just fine. Ammo is stored in either plastic flip top boxes or plastic sandwich baggies. I think I'm good.

Ammo cans for me. Seems to work fine as long as the seals hold up, and even then it's only the steel cased stuff that corrodes.

Ammo cans for me. Seems to work fine as long as the seals hold up, and even then it's only the steel cased stuff that corrodes.
I set the ammo and ammo can out in the direct sun for a few hours. That way every thing is hot and dry. I then put the ammo in the can along with silca pouch. (moisture absorbent) . And seal up the can..You will here a boink just like mom used to hear when the canned food would. When the jar sealed..Lasts for a lot of years..

I set the ammo and ammo can out in the direct sun for a few hours. That way every thing is hot and dry. I then put the ammo in the can along with silca pouch. (moisture absorbent) . And seal up the can..You will here a boink just like mom used to hear when the canned food would. When the jar sealed..Lasts for a lot of years..

Canning food has a totally different purpose from canning ammunition I'm thinking. I store ammo in WWII/Korea era ammo cans and am still shooting 30-06 from 1970. I just got rid of my 6mm Remington annunition, as I put the Ruger M77 on consignment. Some of that ammunition goes back to the 1960s. I've never had a failure, or loss of ammunition. I'm curious if anybody has ever lost ammunition from simply storing it in ammo cans. It might be different for folks living in more humid country an the South West.

Summer in Phoenix, Arizona is for reloading and Summer is over. The 7.62 x 39 isn't $75 for 1440 rounds on stripper clips but it's still less cost than reloading. I store all my ammunition in good sealed military ammo cans. I got a deal on a bunch of them after the Gulf War. In the Summer I store it in the house. When it cools down I move it all the my shop. The first thing I did when we moved into the house 25 or so years ago was rolled the cooler off the roof. Coolers and both guns and ammo don't mix. Even oiled up they will rust and it doesn't take a lot of time for them to start. Never store a weapon in Phoenix Police property room. Not only do they rust but any clips or add on turn up missing. You all know how rare and expensive those AK clips are. They do leave the tag on it so you know who broke into your house and can seek vengeance. They left another tag too.It said "SKS ASSAULT RIFLE with clip". Most trades learn the name of the tools they use every day but I think even a democrat with no trade at all could tell the difference between an AK and an SKS
Here I go with another rant. 4 guns were ripped off. A .357 was recovered by Glendale PD. The AK was found in a Drug raid in West Phoenix. Property used as evidence must stay with police 6 months after conviction in case of appeals. 6 months latter Glendale PD phoned me saying they released the .357 to Phoenix PD.

For the next 8 months I called the drug cop that was in charge of the AK then the one handling the break in. Never did either return a call but did have the time to come and search my home when the rifle was first recovered. At first I thought this cop was trying to play me but finally realized he was that stupid.

Out of desperation I call Glendale and talked to an officer telling him my problem. His commander got on the phone and gave me a number to call. The next day I woke up with the phone ringing. The first call was from the cop who was in charge of the break in. Two minutes later a call from the drug or I should say the drugged cop. Both told me I could pick up my guns. The .357 looked like the day I lost it. The frame in one plastic bag, the cylinder in another. The AK was a piece of rust with the bolt held open with a zip tie. I just had to ask him where the clip saw and told him thanks for the address. Since that day I have a love hate relationship with cops. If it weren't for Glendale I wold still be calling every day But Phoenix is a bunch of criminals. The only reason I was able to get them at all is because the first cop who took the report was old school and getting ready to retire. He let me know they were found At one point they told me I don't get them back because I had gotten insurance money for them. No I'm honest and told the insurance company the two were recovered. If the other two guns were recovered they will not be returned. The PPD do more crime than stop it.

Their teenagers can molest little children and never see a court date. and at Christmas they take what they need from Toys for Tots. I though they had to take an oath to the Constitution but one told me, as he maced an old lady in the face they don't do that any more. They use to have a web page where the good ones snitched off the bad ones and some are really bad

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top