JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just signed up and am in Phoenix. I was/am a Registered Nurse so by default being in Arizona I am a Hot Nurse. :cool:

I am a longtime reloader and competitive shooter. I've be reloading since 1975 and have been in many competitive shooting disciplines since then. Lately it is a concentration on reloading bench work, modified Bullseye and some long range rifle matches. I'v shot USPSA since around 1979 and have shot in many US Nationals with a bit of success. I retired in 07 from the Federal Bureau of Prions here in Phoenix. I flew on Con Air for seven years as a flight nurse. I am heavily involved in wildcat cartridges and stuffing them in the AR15 platform.. I'm always trying to learn a bit from other shooters and might be able to chime in on occasion with a nugget or two.

Greg

Hi Greg,
I was going to send you some of our Pac N/W fog but the stamp kept falling off of the jar.
Seriously though, I have several different calibers stuffed into AR15 platforms,
from .22 rimfire to .458 SoCom. It's all to preserve muscle memory. :)

I like variety. I currently have uppers in 31 different chamberings for the AR15 platform.

Greg

It's so dry hear even the cactus are tired. And yes that is/was my car.

DLZSKeL.jpg

I'm the guy that looks like Gene Wilder. Not many of us on the ranges so I'm essay to spot. I'm also usually surrounded by enough gear etc. to start a small war.

Greg

Oddly enough prison work was pretty interesting. I found the staff could be more problematic at times. I worked many years on psychiatric units as an RN before going to the Feds and really the only difference at times was how strong/frequent the locked doors were.

My career was really one of opportunity. I got to be a Correctional Officer, ran the Pharmacy for a couple years along with the Emergency/trauma areas. I flew on Con Air as their first Flight Nurse, became a regular Firearms Instructor and became a Regional trainer for M/O aka sniper, SORT/SWAT teaching all over the US. I ran the Infectious Disease program for FCI Phoenix as well as their IOP/QA area for health services. Looking back on my career I was one of the golden boys thanks to my multi-disciplinary education, my willingness to be the Go TO Guy and having the ethics to get it done and was as comfortable rubbing shoulders with inmates all the way up to the Directors of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. My Wardens all recognized me for my shooting/teaching abilities and I got the rewards along the way. I would say that I gave the tax payers a full 22 years of return for their tax money.

Now at 70 I getto pick and choose as to what and when I do anything and it is most certainly a time I am relishing. Boards like this allow me to read/connect with like minded soals and I do enjoy that tremendously..

Greg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top