JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Be careful when buying off armslist. I bought a holosun 507c from a guy in Minnesota, $250. It has never showed up. I followed his purchasing info by using PayPal friends and family, not knowing that I COULDN'T FILE a claim against him. Don't use PayPal friends and family, zelle, or cash app. You won't be able to get money back.
His ad is still up. Do everyone else a favor and let them know about my buying mistake so they won't make the same. And you can flood him with questions about it. He told me it was s green dot, not red.
Thanks
Tommy

Sorry to hear about your deal.
I had a similar problem 10 years ago and got screwed for 20 bucks over a tech manual on CD for my then truck. I was summarily bounced off Ebay for complaining. Paypal not on your life will I use it. I will use my credit card to purchase sometimes, but NEVER on the Paypal app.
I had a property management company in Phoenix that I ended up in court with because of Paypal was not forwarding the money. I proved to them that I was making the payments and they would not believe me. So they just kept the fee from rents received. So off to small claims we went. They were really pissed when the judge awarded me damages and costs.

I have not purchased from Armslist in a long time. When I did it was within the state. Is there a way to leave feedback on the seller?

Many years ago, when laser rangefinders were a new item, I bought one off of ebay. Sent a MO but never received the item. Filed a formal complaint then did some more research and found there was actually a private bulletin board (pre-facebook) of people the guy had ripped off. We all filed fraud complaints with the local DA in TN where the guy was located and he was arrested, convicted and sent back to prison. The fun part was that one of the people he ripped off was a defense attorney in the local area who just happened to represent a bunch of inmates in the same prison. Suffice it to say, the little thief was visited by several bubbas every day and night. Real justice was served ... and served ... and served ...

One of the reasons stealbay is not on my list of places to shop. I ordered a CD for the truck I was driving and when the guy failed to ship it. I complained. Stealbay sided with him even though he had been paid. I filed with my bank and got the fund returned but the experience left me wanting.

You can file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS and call the local PD in the seller's area and file a fraud complaint. Many people fail to realize that these scams are felonies and should be reported as mail fraud to the USPS. Both the USPS and FBI investigate and prosecute these crimes.

Be careful when buying off armslist. I bought a holosun 507c from a guy in Minnesota, $250. It has never showed up. I followed his purchasing info by using PayPal friends and family, not knowing that I COULDN'T FILE a claim against him. Don't use PayPal friends and family, zelle, or cash app. You won't be able to get money back.
His ad is still up. Do everyone else a favor and let them know about my buying mistake so they won't make the same. And you can flood him with questions about it. He told me it was s green dot, not red.
Thanks
Tommy
Anyone only taking payment by pay pal friends and family should be avoided at all cost unless it is a friend or family. I had a guy try to rip me off for a rifle on this site a while back, I was able to reverse the transaction before that guy took the money.

The above cases are why I use only my credit card when ordering via mail-order, which is quite infrequently. Makes no difference if it's firearms parts or homebrewing stuff. My card will make it good if I'm ripped-off and as jls in az says, law enforcement goes after these people.

Fraud across State lines is a felony, which brings-in the FBI. They were once a respectable organization, but their reputation has gone around the u-bend over more than the last several years. Now that Joe Sunglasses is using the FBI, IRS and DOJ as a weapon against the American People, only God knows where our Constitution will be in ten years. Or maybe even before then...

You can file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS and call the local PD in the seller's area and file a fraud complaint. Many people fail to realize that these scams are felonies and should be reported as mail fraud to the USPS. Both the USPS and FBI investigate and prosecute these crimes.
I used postal money orders years back to buy a car across state lines. Car never showed up, filed complaint with postal service, found out they will do nothing for you. Did win in small claims court, never did collect any money, person just disappeared.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top