JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well, hook, I just shoot them all whenever I can. I've got a bunch of 9mm's, including a 9mm carbine, so they are most common. then come the 40's, including a 40 carbine. another cluster of 556's, including a 556 pistol, then a group of 22's, including a few rifles, and a few revolvers.

I don't religiously follow a regimen, but I usually fire groups of the same caliber.

well, hook, I just shoot them all whenever I can. I've got a bunch of 9mm's, including a 9mm carbine, so they are most common. then come the 40's, including a 40 carbine. another cluster of 556's, including a 556 pistol, then a group of 22's, including a few rifles, and a few revolvers.

I don't religiously follow a regimen, but I usually fire groups of the same caliber.

Seems those firearms keep you busy and happy. I thinking with so many choices it must be hard to pick one. Does not look like you have a .357, or .44 magnum listed, but with such a collection I'm thinking you must have one, or two ... they just slipped your mind.;)

ive got a convertible Ruger Blackhawk. It converts from 357 mag to 9mm with a change of cylinders. I'm too old and have too much arthritis in my hand, so time with the 357 is limited. But it is a fun gun, now that I have Hogue rubber grips installed. 44 mag is out of the question.

and my 45 cal 1911 is a pussy cat compared to the 357.

ive got a convertible Ruger Blackhawk. It converts from 357 mag to 9mm with a change of cylinders. I'm too old and have too much arthritis in my hand, so time with the 357 is limited. But it is a fun gun, now that I have Hogue rubber grips installed. 44 mag is out of the question.

and my 45 cal 1911 is a pussy cat compared to the 357.

I thought of that Ruger Blackhawk at one time. I have the Super Single Six .22/.22 magnum, and really like it. Instead I went with S&W .357 magnum and .44 magnum revolvers, and reloading. I reload low end of each these days as I am older. I am glad I chose to reload for that reason. A 20 grain Gold Dot out of a .44 magnum revolver at 1100 fps is still a round to reckon with. I doubt an attorney would get much mileage from that level reload in a self defense situation.

for Home Defense, I decided to go with a Saiga 20. I had a Saiga 12 a few years ago, but the beast would hurt my shoulders everytime I fired it. Ive had rotator cuff repair so I'm not real comfortable with pump actions, I've had a 20 pump, but decided to go with the semi auto.

For the lawyers, I've got a 6 shot shell first, then a pair of 3 shot, then a 00 shell, finally a slug. If the bad guy is still coming after the 3 shot, he deserves the rest, and I think I could appease a lawyer/jury by showing due diligence. Hopefully I wont need to use the slug, or even the 00

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top