JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since back page has shut down I have been trying to find a website to buy sell and trade! Finally ran into this site and I like it so far! Can't wait to be meeting some of you wonderful people in transactions! If anyone has a marlin 30-30 or 45-70 they want to trade let me know!

Welcome, desertdweller!

Hey, while I got you here, maybe you can answer a question for me. Is it true you can't / shouldn't shoot lead projectiles in a microgroove barrel? Your interest in 30-30 and 45-70 along with the Marlin rifle had me wondering if you knew.
Apology for the temporary derail of your welcome post!

Thanks!

I actually do not know the answer. I wouldn't see any issue with it seeing how they make lead ammo in the calibers. However I believe it all comes down to the exact material of the inside of the barrel and what the manufacturer says is ok to shot and what is not

What was this "back page" thing? I had never heard of it until I joined this site. Was it some sort of a Penny Saver type of publication that had small ads for things to sell and to buy? Why was it shut down?

What was this "back page" thing? I had never heard of it until I joined this site. Was it some sort of a Penny Saver type of publication that had small ads for things to sell and to buy? Why was it shut down?

Backpage was a classified advertising website launched in 2004. Up until its seizure by U.S. authorities in April 2018, it offered classified listings for a wide variety of products and services including automotive, jobs listings, and real estate. In 2011, Backpage was the second largest classified ad listing service on the Internet in the United States after Craigslist.

As of 6 April 2018 backpage.com and affiliated websites have been seized as part of an enforcement action by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the United States Department of Justice, the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigator Division, with analytical assistance from the Joint Regional Intelligence Center.

The site's offering of adult services sections has been highly controversial, due to allegations that Backpage knowingly allowed and encouraged users to post ads related to prostitution and human trafficking, particularly involving minors, and took steps to intentionally obfuscate the activities. After a series of court cases and the arrest of the company's CEO and other officials, Backpage removed the adult services subsection in the United States in 2017.

Ceo plead guilty to prostitution...

Per current internet attribution etiquette , thanks wiki, Backpage - Wikipedia

Being a family venue, the wiki specifics of the FBI's allegations you may read on your own.

. . . why didn't they just fix it rather than deleting the whole thing?
Because the law and/or government has no idea about how to do something other than "one size fits all." It's easier for power just to issue one order than to finely-tune an answer to benefit the most number of people.

Gun control laws are the very same way: Power issues a law that does not take into account the 99.9% of people who legally own their guns and who lawfully use them. Instead, laws are written that are intended to impact only that tiny portion of people who commit crimes with their firearms but as we all know, criminals couldn't give a flying fudge brownie about laws, order, what's right and what's wrong. In the final analysis, only the law-abiding have a modicum of their Liberty removed.

Since back page has shut down I have been trying to find a website to buy sell and trade! Finally ran into this site and I like it so far! Can't wait to be meeting some of you wonderful people in transactions! If anyone has a marlin 30-30 or 45-70 they want to trade let me know!

OHH come on man admit it you weren't on back page for the guns! :D

J/K welcome to the site.

Morning! I find myself here for the exact same reason as OP. I used to lurk nwfirearms just for reading as that is indeed a pretty active site. They had some good coverage of the bundy standoff too until admins kinda ruined it. Melon Man here and I plan to hang around.

Morning! I find myself here for the exact same reason as OP. I used to lurk nwfirearms just for reading as that is indeed a pretty active site. They had some good coverage of the bundy standoff too until admins kinda ruined it. Melon Man here and I plan to hang around.

Welcome, Glad that you joined up. NWFA has some great mods. They don't like shutting things down but its how they keep the peace and the site open. Unfortunately there are always some snowflake trolls that have to ruin it for the rest of us.

Man, I would have had at least 3 or 4 moronic responses and probably at least 2 decent responses to my ad if Backpage were still up. I hope this site takes off because as it stands now it seems there's no real good place to post stuff including armslist which so many seem to not know about.

Man, I would have had at least 3 or 4 moronic responses and probably at least 2 decent responses to my ad if Backpage were still up. I hope this site takes off because as it stands now it seems there's no real good place to post stuff including armslist which so many seem to not know about.

Spread the word. This place can be as amazing as NWFA. ;)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top