Hey guys! Finally found this site! Have been at a loss since back page was shut down.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DesertDweller, Jul 4, 2018.

1. DesertDweller

DesertDweller
    Tucson

Since back page has shut down I have been trying to find a website to buy sell and trade! Finally ran into this site and I like it so far! Can’t wait to be meeting some of you wonderful people in transactions! If anyone has a marlin 30-30 or 45-70 they want to trade let me know!

2. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

Welcome!

3. wildcat455

wildcat455
    Black Canyon City

Welcome, desertdweller!

Hey, while I got you here, maybe you can answer a question for me. Is it true you can't / shouldn't shoot lead projectiles in a microgroove barrel? Your interest in 30-30 and 45-70 along with the Marlin rifle had me wondering if you knew.
    Apology for the temporary derail of your welcome post!

Thanks!

4. DesertDweller

DesertDweller
    Tucson

I actually do not know the answer. I wouldn’t see any issue with it seeing how they make lead ammo in the calibers. However I believe it all comes down to the exact material of the inside of the barrel and what the manufacturer says is ok to shot and what is not

5. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

What was this "back page" thing? I had never heard of it until I joined this site. Was it some sort of a Penny Saver type of publication that had small ads for things to sell and to buy? Why was it shut down?

6. nmwabbit

nmwabbit
    abq

Backpage was a classified advertising website launched in 2004. Up until its seizure by U.S. authorities in April 2018, it offered classified listings for a wide variety of products and services including automotive, jobs listings, and real estate. In 2011, Backpage was the second largest classified ad listing service on the Internet in the United States after Craigslist.

As of 6 April 2018 backpage.com and affiliated websites have been seized as part of an enforcement action by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the United States Department of Justice, the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigator Division, with analytical assistance from the Joint Regional Intelligence Center.

The site's offering of adult services sections has been highly controversial, due to allegations that Backpage knowingly allowed and encouraged users to post ads related to prostitution and human trafficking, particularly involving minors, and took steps to intentionally obfuscate the activities. After a series of court cases and the arrest of the company's CEO and other officials, Backpage removed the adult services subsection in the United States in 2017.

Ceo plead guilty to prostitution...

Per current internet attribution etiquette , thanks wiki, Backpage - Wikipedia

Being a family venue, the wiki specifics of the FBI’s allegations you may read on your own.