JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all!
I am pretty new to firearms and the gun community, but I am all in! I grew up right outside of Boston, so I was not really exposed to guns or shooting sports until I moved to Tucson almost 3 years ago. I started off by taking a few classes about handgun and shotgun basics and only then did I purchase my first firearms as I did not want to be one of those idiots who negligently hurt or kill myself or others. I look forward to picking the brains of the more knowledgable folks here in this fine community, so please forgive me if I get annoying with questions. I am the devoted husband to an awesome wife who even though she does not share in it, she amusedly tolerates my burgeoning passion for guns. I have two awesome kids and one grandchild with another on the way. I am a chef, but I am currently temporarily disabled. I cannot wait to get back to work so I can afford to indulge my gun and shooting itches. I hope I become a valuable member of this and the greater firearm community!

Welcome sir! Try looking over at the Marksman West on the northeast corner of Prince and Flowing Wells for a nice indoor range, as well as the original Marksman on 29th between Craycroft and Swan. Outdoor ranges include the Pima County one down by the fairgrounds and the Mountain Park one over on Kinney Road far to the west, by the Desert Museum. BTW, if you just moved here, you NEED to go to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, will give you great insight on where you live now. :) Also the Pima Air and Space Museum down south east of town is another fantastic place to visit. I left town about 9 years ago, moved about 70 miles north, but I grew up there.
Did you want to work as a chef or just in food prep? DOC employs Trinity Food Service to manage inmate cooks, but it's slop in a bucket, mass produced. Might curdle your soul. On the other hand, if you do get a job at a nice eatery, let us know where and maybe some of us could come down and patronize the place. :)

Welcome sir! Try looking over at the Marksman West on the northeast corner of Prince and Flowing Wells for a nice indoor range, as well as the original Marksman on 29th between Craycroft and Swan. Outdoor ranges include the Pima County one down by the fairgrounds and the Mountain Park one over on Kinney Road far to the west, by the Desert Museum. BTW, if you just moved here, you NEED to go to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, will give you great insight on where you live now. :) Also the Pima Air and Space Museum down south east of town is another fantastic place to visit. I left town about 9 years ago, moved about 70 miles north, but I grew up there.
Did you want to work as a chef or just in food prep? DOC employs Trinity Food Service to manage inmate cooks, but it's slop in a bucket, mass produced. Might curdle your soul. On the other hand, if you do get a job at a nice eatery, let us know where and maybe some of us could come down and patronize the place. :)

I love Marksman! The one on Prince is where my wife and I took our Intro to Handguns class that started me off and I often use the range there to practice. I then took the Intro to Shotgun at the one on 29th. Second Amendment Sports is so far my favorite to buy my guns and ammo, though. The Sonora Desert Museum is AWESOME! Thank you for taking the time to give me some pointers, I really appreciate it!

Hello all!
I am pretty new to firearms and the gun community, but I am all in! I grew up right outside of Boston, so I was not really exposed to guns or shooting sports until I moved to Tucson almost 3 years ago. I started off by taking a few classes about handgun and shotgun basics and only then did I purchase my first firearms as I did not want to be one of those idiots who negligently hurt or kill myself or others. I look forward to picking the brains of the more knowledgable folks here in this fine community, so please forgive me if I get annoying with questions. I am the devoted husband to an awesome wife who even though she does not share in it, she amusedly tolerates my burgeoning passion for guns. I have two awesome kids and one grandchild with another on the way. I am a chef, but I am currently temporarily disabled. I cannot wait to get back to work so I can afford to indulge my gun and shooting itches. I hope I become a valuable member of this and the greater firearm community!

Welcome! I love hearing about people who didn't grow up around firearms who get into it. I'm happy to know your children will be brought up around them too.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top