JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.308 & 6.5 Creedmoor. Yes the .308 should not do that but it does. I have the video! LOL The gunsmith that put it together is my shooting buddy & he just shakes his head! LOL I can't quite dial up 1880 with it but the 6.5 yes. It's all in the scope. 20x42 SWFA with tall Burris Sig Zee rings. .308 has just a little too much arc to dial.

BW

I have a lot of problems with transonic effects destroying my accuracy at about 850 yards. For a long time I was loading up the 168SMK, however I think this was part of my problem in the 1:10, it was over-stabilized and would end up yawing (the nose would continue in a direction other than the direction of flight) which would result in too much magnus force slowing down rotational rate and causing the bullet to tumble. I'm also shooting a 20", which loses me about 250-300FPS over what you're getting.

I tried the 168s but the Rem said no way. All over the place. We have a couple 20 inchers at our match that do well with the 175 tipped at 1000. I also use Lapua brass & turn the necks. I do have some LC brass that I get an extra 75 fps with .2 grains less powder. LOL No pressure signs so I'll keep using them.

BW

This makes me want to get a Ruger RPR in 6.5 creedmore all the more now! Maybe once my Nighthawk sells.

Good choice. I got the Savage Axis XP II with the rebate & sale price it cost me $310 OTD. Restocked it with a Boyd's thumbhole. I'll shoot it long range for a while then use it for mulies & elk in the fall.

BW

Good choice. I got the Savage Axis XP II with the rebate & sale price it cost me $310 OTD. Restocked it with a Boyd's thumbhole. I'll shoot it long range for a while then use it for mulies & elk in the fall.

BW

Man, you can't beat that price!

Nope. After I shoot the barrel out I'll throw on a Criterion 26". Right now it's just a 22" sporter. LOL but it's a tack driver at any distance with my handloads. :)

BW

Nope. After I shoot the barrel out I'll throw on a Criterion 26". Right now it's just a 22" sporter. LOL but it's a tack driver at any distance with my handloads. :)

BW

Is that chambered in 308 or 6.5? How many rounds do you estimate you'll be able to shoot before the barrel is shot out?

I'm in Nevada so I shoot at Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club in Boulder City. Great range, low dues & they put the money back in to improvements.

BW

I'm in Nevada so I shoot at Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club in Boulder City. Great range, low dues & they put the money back in to improvements.

BW

I shot at Clark Country Shooting Facility last week. Pretty incredible shotgun range! I'll have to look into Boulder. There's a slight possibility i'll be moving to NV in the next few months.

The Savage is 6.5 & I expect to get around 1500 if I'm lucky. My Rem is .308 with Criterion 26", B&C stock, timney trigger. The Berger SW Nationals are held right near you in Phoenix. You should check them out. Done for this year but try next year I think in Feb.

BW

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top