Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Help identify ak mags

Reactions
The Ribs look Chinese (a little) are they x39 ? If they are older Packaged and you had them for say 5-15 Years then they predate the Korean stuff out there , the follower looks simpler than a Chinese or Hungarian

OP
Mrjenkins
Reactions
Yes they are 7.62x39. Are you saying Chinese military? Or did norinco put cosmoline on their stuff? I was looking at a chart of ak mags and it looked the most like hungarian. But I'm not sure

OP
Mrjenkins
Reactions
I hope somebody knows. It would be nice to know what I got. There has got to be at least 1 ak professional lurking around

Reactions
I hope somebody knows. It would be nice to know what I've got.
The thing with AK magazines is that there are probably fifty nations worldwide that make the rifle. The nations that make the rifle very often do not care how many are made, the vintage and into whose hands they fall. Same for the magazines. I kind of remember that the Chinese have made 100 million of the Type 56, which is the Red Chinese version of the rifle. If they've made 100 million rifles, is it possible they've made one billion of the magazines? Unlike Western manufacturers, the Soviets never cared who copied the rifle because the copiers were more than likely going to use it to expand Communism. Why demand royalties or require that patents be honored if the goal is worldwide hegemony, and the weapon being used to help achieve that goal is the intellectual property of the originators of Communism?

OP
Mrjenkins
Reactions
I don't even have an ak, and I was going to sell them anyway. 20$ for all 4. I'm not trying to rip anyone off and my ak knowledge lacks compared to other platforms

Reactions
3 of those surplus ones. 2 still in cosmoline and 1 cleaned surplus one and 1 pmag
I'll take them.
I have to come through the Valley on the 11th on my way to my military reunion. I have another stop to make also, so if that is ok with you, please call me at 928-237-0073 and we can get the arrangements set up.
Thanks...
Phil Whitehead

UPCOMING EVENTS

Tombstone Freedom Days
Multiple Venues
Tombstone, AZ 85638, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Centennial Hall
263 N Center St, Mesa, AZ 85201, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
The Icehouse
429 W Jackson St, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle
  • Pistol Parlour
    5.00 star(s)
    I moved to Mesa in 2007 from Flagstaff and didn't really have any gun nut friends to tell me...
    • MesaAZ_Brian
  • Gallenson's Gun Shop
    3.00 star(s)
    Parking sucks. They can be busy, especially on the weekends. But, service is decent, selection...
    • Squidgie