Help identify ak mags

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mrjenkins, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

Where are these from? I don't know enough about them to know. All I know is they are still covered in cosmoline

20180916_002129.jpg 20180916_002108.jpg 20180916_002122.jpg

2. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe
    Northern California

The Ribs look Chinese (a little) are they x39 ? If they are older Packaged and you had them for say 5-15 Years then they predate the Korean stuff out there , the follower looks simpler than a Chinese or Hungarian

3. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

Yes they are 7.62x39. Are you saying Chinese military? Or did norinco put cosmoline on their stuff? I was looking at a chart of ak mags and it looked the most like hungarian. But I'm not sure

4. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

I wouldn't know. All of mine are polymer.

5. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

I hope somebody knows. It would be nice to know what I got. There has got to be at least 1 ak professional lurking around

6. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

The thing with AK magazines is that there are probably fifty nations worldwide that make the rifle. The nations that make the rifle very often do not care how many are made, the vintage and into whose hands they fall. Same for the magazines. I kind of remember that the Chinese have made 100 million of the Type 56, which is the Red Chinese version of the rifle. If they've made 100 million rifles, is it possible they've made one billion of the magazines? Unlike Western manufacturers, the Soviets never cared who copied the rifle because the copiers were more than likely going to use it to expand Communism. Why demand royalties or require that patents be honored if the goal is worldwide hegemony, and the weapon being used to help achieve that goal is the intellectual property of the originators of Communism?

7. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

I get it.... It's purely curiosity. I just got a bunch of adventureline 30 round ar15 mags too and 1 colt

8. philtbn

philtbn
    Prescott Valley AZ

9. badbob85037

badbob85037
    Phoenix

Romanian

10. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

Not that it really matters to me. But are the hold open ones more desirable because of the last round hold open feature?

11. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

I don't even have an ak, and I was going to sell them anyway. 20$ for all 4. I'm not trying to rip anyone off and my ak knowledge lacks compared to other platforms

12. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

3 of those surplus ones. 2 still in cosmoline and 1 cleaned surplus one and 1 pmag

13. philtbn

philtbn
    Prescott Valley AZ

I'll take them.
    I have to come through the Valley on the 11th on my way to my military reunion. I have another stop to make also, so if that is ok with you, please call me at 928-237-0073 and we can get the arrangements set up.
    Thanks...
    Phil Whitehead

14. Mrjenkins

Mrjenkins
    Tempe arizona

I'll grab your number from here and give you a call when the date is closer.

15. philtbn

philtbn
    Prescott Valley AZ

It's 928-237-0073
    Phil Whitehead...
    Thanks!