JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm retired now and love every minute of it. I bought my first gun when I was 70. My older brother tried to teach me to shoot back when I was 18. The Air Force tried again in my 20s, but a few TDYs to RVN left a bad taste - it feels funny when a bunch of guys you've never even met want you dead.

I've got a Ruger SP101 snub nose for personal/home defense and a SR22 semi-auto for my wife and I to enjoy target shooting together. The SP101 is chambered for .357 but like most, I shoot .38 Specials through it. I've chosen Remington Ultimate Defense Compact Handgun .38 +P, 125 Gr BJHP for defense, and CCI Blazer Brass Handgun .38 Special 125 Gr FMJ for targets. I'm considering switching to Herter's Select Grade Brass Case .38 Special 158Gr FMJ for two reasons. First, it's a longer casing, so it may (or may not!) leave the cylinders cleaner, and avoid ever creating a carbon "ridge" near the front. Second, I'm thinking about getting a Henry .357, which will accept a .38, but I'm told the shorter cartridges can fail to feed. I believe I can use the 158 Gr Herter's in both.

The .22 is a plinker/target pistol that's fun to shoot and easy on the recoil. I'm using CCI Mini-Mag CPRN for now and may switch to Blazer Brass .22s later (per HICKOK45's YouTube review).

Pleased to meet you all - hope to learn from your comments!

AlexV

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top