JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just like you I've had the little NRA type constitution booklet lying around as I promised myself I'd someday read it. That day just never happened so I finally gave myself a challenge to read the amendments and write a short summery on each one so I could have a good grip on them..

I challenge every one reading this to do rhe same. Share some fun facts you walked away with....LIKE

My 1st take away was our contribution needed a little tweaking until it was really ironed out early on. The later (20rh century) amendments almost seemed silly, such as alcohol prohibition... which was later re-amended. Case and point

What about how the last amendment? It's about the senate preserving their salary unless they decide it should be docked

My biggest takeaway is how we as a society have shifted to the ever changing values dictated by worldly standards not what OUR country Wes built on. United States of America is an anomaly, something that has never been in the history of the world.

Enough of my rambling, what's your take away?

;) :D

Yes, the United States is one of the biggest anomalies in human history. 99.9% of human history is dominated by monarchies, tyranny, slavery, warfare and death. Although our American history is blotted with the shameful acts of "human nature", this country is still the last best hope on the planet for freedom. I firmly believe that if our nation falls, that 1,000 years a darkness and misery never before seen throughout will ensue.

The United States is like a candle sitting up on a hill like a beacon in the darkest hours of night, whose flame at times flickers against the winds of enslavement and tyranny raging to extinguish it, but for a few good men whose creed is "this we'll defend" that flame remains lit.

God bless and steel the resolve of those few good men, and may God have mercy on you all when none remain.

;) :D

Yes, the United States is one of the biggest anomalies in human history. 99.9% of human history is dominated by monarchies, tyranny, slavery, warfare and death. Although our American history is blotted with the shameful acts of "human nature", this country is still the last best hope on the planet for freedom. I firmly believe that if our nation falls, that 1,000 years a darkness and misery never before seen throughout will ensue.

The United States is like a candle sitting up on a hill like a beacon in the darkest hours of night, whose flame at times flickers against the winds of enslavement and tyranny raging to extinguish it, but for a few good men whose creed is "this we'll defend" that flame remains lit.

God bless and steel the resolve of those few good men, and may God have mercy on you all when none remain.
Was that Ronald Reagan? I seem to remember him saying something like that... Whether or no, for all his faults, I sure do MISS him!
In answer to Pop's original question, yes I have, multiple times and taken some classes on Contitutional Law as part of my criminal justice degree...

What irritates me about our Constitution is that the looney-toons liberals keep finding Rights that aren't in it, and keep ignoring Rights that are in it.

Was that Ronald Reagan? I seem to remember him saying something like that... Whether or no, for all his faults, I sure do MISS him!
In answer to Pop's original question, yes I have, multiple times and taken some classes on Contitutional Law as part of my criminal justice degree...

No, that was Richard Hy aka "Angry Cops" on the YouTubes…. LOL!

Actually "Uncle Ronnie" (whom I served under, then subsequently his VP) said something to the effect of, "The United States Is The Last Best Hope For Mankind".

I wholeheartedly believe that, but I've read "The Book", and TRULY dark days will come… believe it.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top