JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the time there were 3 females that regularly hung around our yard - you might not be too far off with that assessment. I don't remember the time of year, but it could have been during a rut.
My parents have a vacation house where the deer are (unfortunately) friendly and you can get 5 feet away from them. Was mowing the lawn and a doe ran up to the fence facing Hood Canal. A large buck for the area (5 points total 3x2) came up and was chasing her. He aw me and started doing just like that one. Stomping, lowering his hear, snorting, grunting, trying to look big. Unfortunately my parents won't let me take out some of the deer up there to help them get "wild" again.

Second one, I was on a walk with my wife and infant daughter, who was in a stroller. A very aggressive dog approached us, barking and acting like he was going to attack us. Off in a driveway was the dog's owner, and he was doing exactly squat to stop his dog. I stepped between the dog and my wife and daughter and pulled my jacket back and put my hand on my gun, while yelling at the dumbf$#k owner to get his dog back, now. Eventually Mr. Dumbsh!t realized his responsibility and lazily called his dog back. As we cleared and walked by, I told him he's going to get himself in big trouble if he doesn't keep his dog under control - dinkhole shrugged his shoulders like it was nothing.

Never had to draw on a person, hope to never have to do so.

I suspect drawing on the dog would be the same as drawing on the person, as the person would be on your case for drawing on his dog, 'who never hurts anyone and is the most friendly dog in town'.

Wow those are quite different than the multiple times I've had to draw a weapon. I am 39 years old and am currently living in south phx where gunfire is an unnoticed background noise. Ok maybe not unnoticed but VERY common. Mostly idiots unaware or apathetic to our law dubbed Shannon's law named after a girl who was killed when a random bullet fired into the air came down striking her dead. I grew up on the side of town that even when I had police contact I've literally been told I have no business in this area. Excuse me officer I've lived here since elementary school. Unfortunately being the whiteboy in the "hood" made me an instant target. I purchased my first pistol off the street when I was 15. By then I'd already been robbed at gunpoint, jumped and even chased by a car full of bangers as my mom picked me and a friend up from a movie theater. They were armed but luckily didn't fire and my mom pulled up to an officer asking for assistance and I swear on my son again I was told I had no business on that side of town. We aren't talking about projects and crack dealers either just mainly Hispanic community where I lived for DECADES! Sorry to drift off topic but after arming myself for protection at 15 I've drawn many weapons DEFENSIVELY more than I can count. Btw I'm sure you have me pegged as a hoodlum but I've NEVER been arrested and never pulled a gun offensively. I hear the people who say don't pull it if you're not going to use it well I'm 100% certain I wouldn't be here today had I not carried a firearm for the last 25 years. I've always been prepared to use it but thank god it never went that far. Many stories and even in the last year I've had to draw my weapon. I think I've rambled enough for now. Be safe, be prepared protect yourself and I will not hesitate to save the life of ANYONE I see in serious danger.

Wow those are quite different than the multiple times I've had to draw a weapon. I am 39 years old and am currently living in south phx where gunfire is an unnoticed background noise. Ok maybe not unnoticed but VERY common. Mostly idiots unaware or apathetic to our law dubbed Shannon's law named after a girl who was killed when a random bullet fired into the air came down striking her dead. I grew up on the side of town that even when I had police contact I've literally been told I have no business in this area. Excuse me officer I've lived here since elementary school. Unfortunately being the whiteboy in the "hood" made me an instant target. I purchased my first pistol off the street when I was 15. By then I'd already been robbed at gunpoint, jumped and even chased by a car full of bangers as my mom picked me and a friend up from a movie theater. They were armed but luckily didn't fire and my mom pulled up to an officer asking for assistance and I swear on my son again I was told I had no business on that side of town. We aren't talking about projects and crack dealers either just mainly Hispanic community where I lived for DECADES! Sorry to drift off topic but after arming myself for protection at 15 I've drawn many weapons DEFENSIVELY more than I can count. Btw I'm sure you have me pegged as a hoodlum but I've NEVER been arrested and never pulled a gun offensively. I hear the people who say don't pull it if you're not going to use it well I'm 100% certain I wouldn't be here today had I not carried a firearm for the last 25 years. I've always been prepared to use it but thank god it never went that far. Many stories and even in the last year I've had to draw my weapon. I think I've rambled enough for now. Be safe, be prepared protect yourself and I will not hesitate to save the life of ANYONE I see in serious danger.

I'd like to hear some of these stories ;)

Ok I'll tell the first time the weirdest time and the dumbest to start. First time I was ony 15 and this was my first gun. A Davis p-32 I paid only $40 bucks for. Me and a friend were walking to my house down a residential street when some a-hole comes flying down the street doing at least 65 and he swerved at us as if he was going to run us down. We were not anywhere close to being in his way and my budy (scrappy kid from Watts CA) flips him off and the car screeches to a hault and a man prob in his 30s and twice our size jumps out and says he's gonna break that ni***r finger. Darnell being all of about 5'3 at the time still was about to fight this grown man who then grabbed a bat from trunk. Well out came my little dinky pistol and until I chambered a round I think he figured it was fake. As soon as he left my hands shook for what felt like hours. Skip ahead a decade and I'm driving a rental car when a thugged out looking yo pulls beside me yelling. I rolled the window down and was actually pissed about 3 random letters followed by 666. He swerved his vehicle into mine and once we stopped he reached back and grabbed something but before he'd exited I had my 5906 aimed right at his and when I told him drive off or I'm gonna put you down he left. There was no satanic message just a plate coincidentally having 3 sixes. Latest draw down my semi mental neighbor bangs on my door saying two thugs were after him and followed him home with a gun. As soon as they walked up I raised my 45 at this kid to discover he had a Spoon. I told him it almost got him shot and kick rocks. He was probably 19 and looked like the average drive by uh spooner I guess. Most altercations I've had to draw on anyone was due to an escalated road rage incident or to prevent being jumped by bangers.

BTW the incident when the guy tried ramming me over the plate on my rental car it was him mad about the three sixes on the plate he was saying I'm a satanist and he was apparently so Christian I must die for such blatant devilish conduct! Moron. I tried telling him it's a freeking rental not a personalized plate! That was my strangest encounter that only being armed and prepared to protect my family prevented from escalating. There was a mother and daughter in the car with me and when I say he swerved at me it was not a scare tactic I had to avoid being rammed. I don't know but that one still puzzles me. I will post one more incident later as it was the most exhilarating incident of any. I don't look for trouble but it sure always comes to me!

I've either carried or had a vehicle gun near, almost continually since 1972 and have never drawn out of fear or anger. I have though, found comfort in being armed, twice.
Thank you Lord.

BTW the incident when the guy tried ramming me over the plate on my rental car it was him mad about the three sixes on the plate he was saying I'm a satanist and he was apparently so Christian I must die for such blatant devilish conduct! Moron. I tried telling him it's a freeking rental not a personalized plate! That was my strangest encounter that only being armed and prepared to protect my family prevented from escalating. There was a mother and daughter in the car with me and when I say he swerved at me it was not a scare tactic I had to avoid being rammed. I don't know but that one still puzzles me. I will post one more incident later as it was the most exhilarating incident of any. I don't look for trouble but it sure always comes to me!

That's the crazy thing about people, you never know what ridiculous things might set them off!

Boy howdy have I! Witnessed a shooting when I was 16, and have NEVER been with out a pistol on me ever sence, In fact, that's how I got my first 1911 and started that life long love affare! My Cousin and I were scouting some possable Elk hunting and came across a couple of hillbillies way off the beatin path, one walked up to my truck tapping the handle of his old COLT wheel gun and starts in on us trespassing on his land, we k ow full well it's national forest, but keep quiet and let him rant. He is starting to get a little aggressive, like he really likes my truck ( I'll post pictures, every one likes my truck) and he starts acting like he is going to draw, all of a sudden he stops, as he heard the very pronounced click of my Dan Wesson .44 mag hammer being cocked full, and looks in the door to see that sucker pointed at his chest through the door, he got real nice and told us to have a nice day and safe travels! Turned out this was a super sized grow, and the Sheriff was most happy to hear of our story!
I have been charged by the Largest Canadian Brown Bear I have ever seen, my Cousin (same one, I know, he and I are trouble lol ) after he shot 3 rounds of 7 MM Remington ultra mag, I stopped him 12 yards from us with my .375 Weatherby mag! Two days later, I got an even bigger bear, shot him at the ridiculously long range of 70 feet, took him with a single round from that .375, and he rests for all eternity on the floor of our house as a matter of pride as well as a stark reminder that I am not the meanest thing is the woods!
I got more, but will close for now!

Dad and I were walking to the car after a visit to the barber shop, and these three street rats come up to us asking to use a cell phone, they started to make a flanking move on us, but Dad was quicker and correctly read the situation and drew his 1911 on the closest one, same time as he draws, I side step around the front of the car with mine out low ready and come up behind the tail end charley! They all decided it wasn't going to work out well for them, and high tailed it out of there! Dad and I called the police and filed a report, turns out these punks were stealing cell phones and wallets/purses in the area, and were quickly caught! This was in Phoenex a few years ago down off of 7th ave just 3 blocks south of the I-10 overpass! Wouldn't think that area too bad, but it is little Mexico!

had the opportunity, did so, put the individual on the ground, notified 911 only to be told by the operator 'we don't send our officer's into situations where there is an active firearm involved.' also instructed by the operator to meet the LE team awaiting on the corner regarding why i had a firearm and put someone on the ground at gun point.

met the nice LE's around the corner walked backward as they removed my firearm, then had the good LT have the audacity to tell me "we wish more citizens" would carry and handed my handgun back to me...his ears burned as i reamed him and his elite group in blue a new one and told them my tired arse could have been wounded or dead, etc., etc., seems he wasn't aware what the 911 operator told me and then understood why i was agitated and then he got pissed at his system and he put in a formal complaint against the 911 operator for me.

there is karma if you bide you time, operator reprimanded for failing to follow policy!

Last Edited:
had the opportunity, did so, put the individual on the ground, notified 911 only to be told by the operator 'we don't send our officer's into situations where there is an active firearm involved.' also instructed by the operator to meet the LE team awaiting on the corner regarding why i had a firearm and put someone on the ground at gun point.

met the nice LE's around the corner walked backward as they removed my firearm, then had the good LT have the audacity to tell me "we wish more citizens" would carry and handed my handgun back to me...his ears burned as i reamed him and his elite group in blue a new one and told them my tired arse could have been wounded or dead, etc., etc., seems he wasn't aware what the 911 operator told me and then understood why i was agitated and then he got pissed at his system and he put in a formal complaint against the 911 operator for me.

there is karma if you bide you time, operator reprimanded for failing to follow policy!

What happened with the guy you had on the ground ?

What happened with the guy you had on the ground ?

Situation unfolded as I sat in front of a friend's condo apt complex in a semi bad part of aurora, saw the shabbily dressed, young adult, person of color walk behind my vehicle, (pulled firearm from my holster) and then bang on the driver's window, and Stated ID please, rolled window down and told him to back his derrière away and produce ID!

The young man then grabbed his lapel of his hoodie and talked into it stating, you want license number since he won't produce ID, ok, then walked to the front of the vehicle, (firearm is now gripped in my hand) and read my vehicle's into his hoodie.

The young man then stuck his right hand under his hoodie sweeping toward the small of his back. Where it froze as he saw i was out of my vehicle with my pistol pointing at his head screaming do not move, then get on the ground.

That's when the 911 conversation transpired, so complying, i patted the young man down, told him to get up and out of here. He scrambled up and away into the darkness.

As Paul used to say the rest of the story...after meeting Aurora's finest i left to return my friend to his home. As my friend left the vehicle the same idiot jumped out of a huge bushy short evergreen shrubbery by the stairs only to find my pistol pointed at him yet again, as i saw the shrub move from the wind or...when we pulled up. Fortunately the Lt followed us into the complex and rolled up lights a blazing, spooked me as i turned to see wtf was happening, wondering if tired arse was going to get shot, the young man ducked down and was gone into the shrubbery hedge and into a side door of the complex.

Then, and only then, did the Lt tell me he checked w/dispatch after i left to tell me this wasn't the first time today someone approached vehicles claiming to be law enforcement! Shook my head in disbelief wondering why he didn't do that before and give me a heads up, but instead smiled shook his hand and said thanks and good luck findinging him!

End of story now let me tuck you in, and wish you pleasant dreams, sleep

I have run this over and over and with colleagues and determined only one thing i might have done in hindsight...taken the firearm's safety off, but the story just might have ended differently if the safety were off in the second half of my story as the police would have had the individual who was impersonating a peace officer to pull out the young man's body out of the shrubbery, cuz the second time, i was truly spooked and feared for my life!

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top