JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -

One recent study indicated that having a gun in the home can increase by 50 percent the likelihood someone in that home will die from a gunshot wound.

While advocates on both sides argue over whether stats like that one are accurate or exaggerated, two numbers are not up for debate: 147 and 124. They are the numbers of children who were injured and killed in unintended shootings last year. All were considered preventable.

"We leave politics at the door and we simply talk about safety and about saving kids' lives," said Kathleen Noble, who works with an organization called Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

Noble speaks to groups about the importance of making sure guns are properly secured and out of the reach of children. She says it's not enough to be aware of the dangers a firearm in the home can pose to a child. Responsible gun owners need to make sure their weapons are secured at all times.

Guns in the home can create hazards for kids, adults alike

Those are sad statistics. I want to know how many of those injured or killed were in homes where that firearm wasn't supposed to be there anyway because the "owner" was a felon, or the gun got there by way of burglary or theft from a law-abiding citizen to begin. You know, where it was ALREADY AGAINST THE LAW to begin with? Of course these criminals aren't responsible gun owners. There is no law you can put on the books that will fix criminals or make them obey laws. Removing or damaging LAW ABIDING CITIZENS RIGHTS is not the way to fix the problem.

if that's the infamous Kellerman study, it was debunked years and years ago. MDA is a Bloomberg sponsored POLITICAL organization, regardless of what they say.

If having a gun in the home truly increases the chances to 50% that someone in the home will be shot..... Then I better buy a lottery ticket because I am obviously the luckiest guy around.

Matter of fact it IS my lucky day. I just checked my email and a Nigerian Prince just left me 10 million dollars! I'm gonna be rich!

One story is just as believable as the other.

dont you know you cant believe ANY of these spurious STUDIES that are typically slanted to prove some point of view? The media is against anything that is not liberal or progressive bent, so you have to accept the fact that this report is bogus.

Frankly I don't buy it, and frankly I don't give a damn either, I suppose we're expected to roll over and turn in our firearms.... Kids steal their parent's cars too and don't live thru the ensuing accidents. Neither statistic changes anything about the laws or the Bill of Rights. To hell with Muthas Against Second Amendment Rights or whatever they call themselves.

Sometimes I knock out a tablespoon of sand from my shoes and van carpet after visiting the beach.
If millions visit the beach yearly are we eroding the beaches?
Many wave the sword of statics and percentages but totally disregard perspective.

<broken image removed>

Really liking these images, keep up the good work :)

Sometimes I knock out a tablespoon of sand from my shoes and van carpet after visiting the beach.
If millions visit the beach yearly are we eroding the beaches?
Many wave the sword of statics and percentages but totally disregard perspective.

Exactly. Statistics these days are terrible, especially those which rely on dubious collection methods (such as polls). Phone call asking if I'm a gun owner? Nope.

Last Edited:
Oleg Volk got me started doing this type of photography.

Here is a VERY old one...

<broken image removed>

And the same kid a few weeks ago.

<broken image removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say that they look a lot like his work. The more of this type of positive imagery the better in my opinion!

The Brady Center a few years ago said the stats showed gun deaths among children had sky-rocked. I knew this wasn't true and started checking. What I found the Brady Center had taken the age one becomes an adult,18 and changed it to 26. So their numbers would include most drug and gang related shootings along with adding 8 years of shootings to that number and the useful idiot would believe gun deaths among children were skyrocketing.

It's not that Sarah Brady is against guns but name me one other con game the government would turn a blind eye to. This none profit organization pays Sarah, last I heard was $900,000 a year plus $5,000 to show up to sling her lies with her machine gun toting bodyguards. I'm a firm believer in knowing your enemy and at least once a month have visited their sight. With what they sling it's just more proof we have more than our share of stupid in this country

Does anyone remember when they changed their name from Handgun Control to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence? They said it was to honor the Brady's. Another lie. A few pro gun Americans bough out all the domain names surrounding the group flooding it with real gun facts with a little humor as if your home is invaded just roll into a fetal ball. Soon your attackers will become tired of beating you and move on to another family member.

Donate , donate, then donate some more cause Sarah is a busy woman and it takes a lot of donations before Sarah can save you from that Semi Automatic assault, plastic, cop killing, Saturday Night special firing that 158 grain ceramic, hollow core, cop killing bullet at 50,000 FPS used to shoot 747's out of the sky.

Once there was never any way of contacting them with a question as why do all the links you gave for the cop killing gun go nowhere? Then one day they gave an e-mail address to write if you had any trouble donating. I think a few thousand besides me used the address to put in our 2 cents because it was down less that 20 hours latter.

They don't stretch the truth for their facts, they lie to make profit off the fear they generate Where do you think the word Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle, cop killing gun, cop killing bullet, plastic gun and Saturday Night Special came from and no matter the gun they have in their sights it always the favorite of all criminals and terrorist. Take a brick and hit your self in the head 50 or 60 times and you can see the groups reasoning.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top